my galaxy s customized ics!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 8,229
i have darkyrom 11 black edition............and even with full network and wifi connection.........it a lot of times turns grey, with both calls and wifi working even.what up with that??? i dont have it now but will post screenshot wen i have it.anyone??

@chromy?

you are running a custom rom man. you need to ask on the forum of the custom rom developers!

what google servers??

i keep sync off all the times ...........i sync manually for battery reasons

you are running a custom rom man. you need to ask on the forum of the custom rom developers!

i have seen ppl on stock rom also having same issues................u never had this???

that's true too. google colors the bar when they can confirm the network connectivity is there and they do that by connecting to their own servers. something similar happens at my end too. edge is working even though the bars are grey. funny enough... if my modem is down but router is working, the wi-fi signal is usually colored.

Search the original thread of that ROM on XDA-Developers if anyone has reported this issue.

EDIT:
Just remembered this. What is the wifi sleep policy set on your phone? You can check that by going to Settings - Wifi - Select options - Advanced - see to it that 'Keep wifi on during sleep' is set as 'Always'. This could be the issue, just a thought.

no @androidfreak .......i have same setting as urs.......its not that issue.................even wen i am on the way it still happens(grey bars)i have seen ppl with stock rom having same issues.now i have 2 more issues...........ppl with stock rom please confirm1) wen incoming call comes, i sometimes cannot pick the call or reject it as the icons starts dancing around .hangs2)almost always.........wen on the move in car , i tend to loose signals a few of times and there is no network.(please remember it has also happened to me on stock rom even, quite a lot of times in recent 2-3 months) so wen i try to call at those times , network not available message comes.

Kal lunga naa.. Will try to root tomorrow night. Agar kuchh hua to aapki khair nahi.. Aap hi uksa rahe ho bachche ko! 😀