Apple iPhone FaceTime activation on Idea Cellular

ahelpyguy

[OP]
Oct 13, 2012
Hi,Does anyone using IDEA on iPhone? I am using IDEA postpaid for my iPhone but I am facing 2 major problems. Calling customer care is a waste of time. They even don't know few terms. I called them 10 times but no one solved the problems. So here it is1) Does FaceTime gets activated on IDEA ? To activate FaceTime , iPhone sends silent SMS to UK number which is costing me RS 5 for per sms and till now my number has send almost 30 SMS but FaceTime is not activated. I tried Vodafone and BSNL cards and there it gets activated instantly. So does anyone know where is the problem? Do you people use IDEA for FaceTime?2) When I turn on IDEA 3G, I can't receive incoming calls. When someone wants to reach on my number and if my 3G is ON, the message is "Check the number you have dialed". I can able to make outgoing calls. This is really crap.I think Vodafone is better than IDEA.. If not solved the problems, i may have to port the number to Vodafone.Please help

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Not sure, but I remember someone mentioning that both data & voice cannot be made at the same time, not sure if that is related to this. But, even in that case, I would have thought you will get intimation of call & it would get switched to voice mode after getting the call.

Nishant

::IBF Addict::
Regulars
Jul 15, 2009
Ulhasnagar, MH
data and voice at the same time is a cdma limitation.

Afaik, this limitation applies to GSM on GPRS/EDGE too.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
might be wrong though but from what i remember verizon had developed a workaround. especially on lte. maybe because lte uses a different chip than the voice chip or something like that. traditional cdma devices in usa had this limitation for sure.

pratikr

Regular
Regulars
Jan 21, 2009
Delhi
might be wrong though but from what i remember verizon had developed a workaround. especially on lte. maybe because lte uses a different chip than the voice chip or something like that.

traditional cdma devices in usa had this limitation for sure.

Actually it depend on internal antenna.

ahelpyguy

[OP]
Oct 13, 2012
I have vodafone and BSNL micosim and it works perfectly on iPhone with Facetime activation and all. The only concern was 3G speed. I found nice 3G speed with IDEA and thought I will port to IDEA for iPhone. Another point is the number is from MH and I work in Bangalore. I do have Bangalore numbers but wanted to keep my MH number for iPhone. While on roaming, IDEA network shows INA SPICE and when enable 3G, it catches IDEA 3G or Airtel 3G. When I disable the 3G button and work on 2G (E), I can able to receive incoming calls. But as soon as I enable 3G, I don't receive any calls. I registered complaint physically 2 times.Today I received SMS saying your problem is solved. I rechecked it and nothing solved. And also noticed that roaming charges for 3G are costly even if you have DATA Pack. SO I will have to switch to Vodafone but I have to wait for 2 months. Anybody can tell if Vodafone 3G is roaming is free or not across KA, MH states?Forgot to mention I can receives every calls when on 3G for both Vodafone and BSNL also.

ideacellular

Regulars
Nov 26, 2010
Dear Customer,We regret the inconvenience caused to you. May we request you to reply to us with your complete account details such as Full name, mobile no., alternate contact number and the type of Inconvenience you are facing. Also mention the token ID 205IC297364 in the subject.Regards,Idea Cellular