Weird speed problems! Pls help!

panzer008

[OP]
Regulars
Mar 6, 2010
Mumbai
I am on UL1333 so I get 2Mbps frm 8PM to 8AM.I can easily watch youtube videos at 480p with any buffering issues in tht time frame.But since last 10 days youtube videos even at 360p hav started buffering every 10sec.As per DU meter download speed is only at 30-40KBps while the video is buffering, on a 2Mbps line!!I went to MTNL Triband Mumbai site to chk speed, it shows 350, 500kbps or sometimes 1Mbps max. Speed test also shows speeds of less than 1Mbps with ping to Mumbai server always above 100ms. WTH. I use to get 17-19ms few yrs back!But funny thing is when I start downloading torrents, speed increases steadily and reaches 200KBps after 5-10mins.So tht means I hav the bandwidth of 2Mbps, but I dont get full speed on single connections or direct downloads. Only when I get connected to multiple seeds/peers in torrents the speed is good.Anyone facing such issues???Any solution to this problem??I must state tht I hav a very stable connection with no disconnections for atleast 6hrs. And telephone line is noise free.

anant.del

Addicts
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
yup this is weird :D try writing mail to dead dsl people maybe they can help ...yup this is weird :D try writing mail to dead dsl people maybe they can help ...