[OP]
Regulars
May 21, 2011
Delhi

Shree 420

Regular
Regulars
Nov 27, 2011
i feel ebay is risky. some sellers are so dubious that when you send any query about product they say we can give better discount if you you buy outside ebay by ordering through phone and transferring money directly to their account

experience

Nuit incroyable.
Regulars
Dec 28, 2010

The ebay guarantee is only upto 10k, people shouldn't buy high valued items from ebay.

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
Have had a similar thing happen to me. I had ordered a pen drive, it was delivered in my absence. When I opened it, it was empty, only the casing for the pen drive was there. I opened a dispute on eBay but they said that since the seller had proved that he had sent and delivered the item, there was nothing they could do.Now, I make it a point to open the package in front of the courier guy, if he refuses, I send it back. And i Avoid sellers that use DTDC to courier.

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
A lot depends on the seller. If a seller has say sold 2000+ items with 99+ % positive feedback, there is almost nil chance that he would try to scam you.Unfortunately, the person hasn't shared who he bought the item from.

iCon

masoom kameena!
Regulars
May 18, 2011
He should have named the seller. By the way he can knock the door of consumer forum.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
ebay refund claim system is bad. It has 3-4 ways to file a claim. Tracking your claim is not easy.You have to actually find hard to find status of your claim.Even in mycase I got response after 20-25days. Actually, I had given up as item cost was not much.Luckily claim was settled in my favour because seller didnt respond at all.