User Review: Samsung Galaxy S II

• Thread starter Thread starter iCon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 20,584
I just want root access to my S2, I dont want to use other ROM right now. Is it possible? If yes then how? I just want to disable some boot apps,enable avast firewall and install good backup software(which as I know require root access)

Some other queries are:

[*]
[*]Where can I download pure ICS ROM which I can load in?
[*]where can I download stock ICS ROM for S2(India)(in case I want to rollback(unroot) I may require this ROM)?
[*]
[/list]
@Jaymin: As you own S2 and I guess its rooted, so I need your kind advise specially about the pros/cons of rooting.

More queries will come... 🙂

firewall on a phone? for ****s sake why?

What to do bro..I have tried everything to purchase some 10 apps I require, my last hope is my SBI international debit card which is about to reach me in coming weeks. But if it fails either I have to apply for Credit card or contnue the way I am doing right now. 🙁

Can you please confirm...... If I can have my Galaxy s i9000, i can't understand my firmware on site 🙂

It should work. Your firmware version is I9000DDJVB, it's not listed in their supported firmware list though. The other variants of JVB firmwares are in the list. JVB is more important, DD denotes Indian variant of the firmware.

Rooting is playing with /system partition of your phone where your firmware resides. So it's a bit risky. You will have to restore your firmware using ODIN if something goes wrong.

Suppose I am trying rooting by app you mentioned, if something went wrong, then how can I install oddin in my mobile, or I need to install oddin before trying to root by app you mentioned?

You really need to check out XDA- developers.com forum for your device before doing all these. ODIN is a flashing software used to flash firmware tar files. It needs to be installed on PC alongwith Samsung drivers.