• Views Views 5,015

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Armstrong Was at Center of Doping Program, Agency Says

The United States Anti-Doping Agency said Wednesday thatLance Armstrong was at the center of the most sophisticated and professional doping program in recent sports history and that it would soon release details of its findings.

The agency said its dossier on Armstrong, the seven-time Tour de France winner and cancer survivor who denies ever doping, will include sworn testimony from 26 people, including nearly a dozen former teammates on the United States Postal Service team. Those Postal Service teammates have admitted their own doping and say that Armstrong doped, encouraged doping and administered doping products on the team, the agency said on Wednesday.

Should see how this story goes.

“The most conventional way that the U.S. Postal riders beat what little out-of-competition testing there was, was to simply use their wits to avoid the testers,” the report concluded.

To facilitate out-of-competition testing, professional cyclists are required to inform their national antidoping agencies of their locations at all times. Riders who receive three warnings in an 18-month period for either not providing their whereabouts accurately or not filing the information at all can be punished as if they had had a positive drug test.

Saying that “the adequacy of unannounced, no-notice testing taking place in the sport of cycling remains a concern,” Usada outlined several methods used by Armstrong and his teammates to circumvent the system.

The simplest was pretending not to be home when the testers arrived. As long as they were in the city they had reported as their locations, the riders found they would not receive a warning for not answering the door.

Report Describes How Armstrong and His Team Eluded Doping Tests

Due to the seemingly insurmountable evidence that Lance Armstrong participated in doping and misled Nike for more than a decade, it is with great sadness that we have terminated our contract with him. Nike does not condone the use of illegal performance enhancing drugs in any manner.

Nike plans to continue support of the Livestrong initiatives created to unite, inspire and empower people affected by cancer.

NIKE, Inc. - Nike Statement on Lance Armstrong

Lance Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life on Monday after the International Cycling Union (UCI) ratified the United States Anti-Doping Agency's (USADA) sanctions against the American.
The long-awaited decision has left cycling facing its "greatest crisis" according to UCI president Pat McQuaid and has destroyed Armstrong's last hope of clearing his name.
"Lance Armstrong has no place in cycling. Lance Armstrong deserves to be forgotten in cyclling," McQuaid told a news conference as he outlined how cycling, long battered by doping problems for decades, would have to start all over again.
"The UCI wishes to begin that journey on that path forward today by confirming that it will not appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and that it will recognise the sanction that USADA has imposed.
"I was sickened by what I read in the USADA report."

Lance Armstrong's Tour titles stripped, says UCI - Yahoo! News

Everyone was cheating in early 2000's in cycling. The law of the land says innocent until proven guilty show me the proof of a test that says....... Ding ding ding steroids in sample. Non of the doping agencies have shown a drug test report saying positive results. Until and unless that happens let the man be the champion he is. Looks at what the man has done for the sport, look at his amazing contributions towards fighting cancer. No sports man has done more for a cause than Lance. Livestrong give financial and strategic support to cancer patients. Talk to who got that support, they can't thank Livestrong more.

So the latest buzz on the internet is that he is going to admit to doping in an upcoming episode of Oprah.

In an interview with Oprah Winfrey that is scheduled to air on her network on Thursday, Lance Armstrong confessed that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career, according to two people briefed on the interview, which was recorded on Monday in Austin, Tex.

It is unclear, though, how forthcoming Armstrong was about his doping program, which the United States Anti-Doping Agency has said was part of the most sophisticated, organized and professional doping scheme in the history of sports. Armstrong, when reached by e-mail on Monday, said he could not discuss the interview.

Acknowledging his doping past has cleared the way for Armstrong to take the next step in trying to mitigate his lifetime ban from Olympic sports. He is planning to testify against several powerful people in the sport of cycling who knew about his doping and possibly facilitated it, said several people with knowledge of the situation. Those people did not want their names published.

Armstrong Admits Doping, and Says He Will Testify

He is sounding like a mobster now. Now that I am going down, I am going to take you down too.

well he did not commit petty crimes. he gave hope to millions of cancer survivors out there. he played with their emotions with the whole cancer thing and the live armstrong movement. ****er needs to go to jail. or whatever the punishment for the crime is :\people on social networks are actually saying that he might have lied about the whole cancer thing too. to generate attention to him and his movement. that is what his legacy is going to be. a liar. and a cheat.of course the official needs to be taken care of as well. they let him win what seven championships! freaking joke it has turned out in the end.

I guess the LiveStrong Foundation (though found by him) has now distanced themselves from him? Not sure how much, but I am thinking they would have done some good work?His cancer being fake is for now a conspiracy theory. Not sure if its so easy to fake that 😕

And I am not sure about jail as such. I even remember reading the entire ban is not in accordance with the anti doping law which has restrictions as to the number of year old offenses that can be brought in its net. If he had come & admitted, then it becomes a different story though.

Is cheating/doping etc. actually a crime as in being punishable in jail?Edit: yeap was asking what mhsabir said.