• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,523

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
Has anyone here used DishTV? I am thinking of getting a new TV... probably a flatscreen from Sony or Onida or something.... the only problem is that I get really sh*t reception from my cablewallah.... and I really don't seem him improving much in the future... and getting a nice hi-res tv would be a waste if I continue with bad cable.

So.... How is DishTV?

Ahhh... good I found out before wasting my time! I was suspicious of their huge initial installation/registration fees.... generally it seems to me companies do that when they think that the customer will not stick....Thanks, Sushubh. Know of any alternatives?

star i heard just got permission to start their DTH or something like that. Reliance when they would come should offer cable as well. right now... antenna is the only alternative to cable and zee 🙂

Tatas should enter the fray soon.Hopefully by the end of this year.I guess Tatas have parterned with Star.

I'd think Star will do the best of the lot.Because years ago, they had called us for a demo, and said they were going to launch it soon. This was 1999 - conservative parties came to power and quashed the proposal.Now again they have started lobbying - I hope they take off well.

well the crap they have done with star plus and star world. i just hope we do not get more mush like we have in koffee with karan.

yeah, really! Even if they did start DTH, I would ask them if they could make it a little cheaper and not give me Star Plus..... plain and simple: Bush should have launched a war offensive against Ekta Kapoor, not Saddam....

I think we should have held Condoleeza Rice hostage, and released her only on the condition that she took Ekta Kapoor (and her entourage of nitwit audio producers at Balaji telefilms or whatever it is called) with her to the states..... This would be the end of world domination by the US, but more importantly, of bad soaps (in India at least!) 😉