Configure UTStarcom WA3002G4 for ACT Broadband Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter jackscs2005
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 5,666

jackscs2005

ISP
ACT Broadband 2 mbps
Hi,I have BSNL UTStarcom WA3002G4 ADSL Router. Recently i shifted to new location and BSNL has not yet trasferred my connection to new place even though new place is just the next row from old place. After following for more then a month i cancelled the connection and moved to ACT broadband. BSNL Suckssssssssssss.I am very happy with the speed at the same cost (even lesser) then BSNL and any other provider.Now problem is, ACT technician told me that i can't use BSNL WA3002G4 router with ACT connection. I need to buy another router and that cost me another 1500-2000 /- RsNow my query - "Is there a way to use UTStarcom WA3002G4 router with ACT broadband connection?".If yes please provide steps to do so. Also i am not sure if ADSL router WA3002G4 can really be used with ACT broadband lines.UTStarcom WA3002G4 model comes with following ports. 1 Port for telephone input line, 4 Ports for LAN connection, 1 Wifi antenaIf we can convert this router to a switch then our problem will be solved but the question is how to do that. I dont know how to configure WA3002G4 router to work as switch.regards,Jack

If only you'd have searched the forums.

not possible, you need to buy router with WAN capabilities. I have the same modem and moved recently to Act you cant use that modem.

Hi,

I have BSNL UTStarcom WA3002G4 ADSL Router. Recently i shifted to new location and BSNL has not yet trasferred my connection to new place even though new place is just the next row from old place. After following for more then a month i cancelled the connection and moved to ACT broadband. BSNL Suckssssssssssss.

I am very happy with the speed at the same cost (even lesser) then BSNL and any other provider.

Now problem is, ACT technician told me that i can't use BSNL WA3002G4 router with ACT connection. I need to buy another router and that cost me another 1500-2000 /- Rs

Now my query - "Is there a way to use UTStarcom WA3002G4 router with ACT broadband connection?".

If yes please provide steps to do so. Also i am not sure if ADSL router WA3002G4 can really be used with ACT broadband lines.

UTStarcom WA3002G4 model comes with following ports.

1 Port for telephone input line,
4 Ports for LAN connection,
1 Wifi antena

If we can convert this router to a switch then our problem will be solved but the question is how to do that. I dont know how to configure WA3002G4 router to work as switch.

regards,
Jack

Impossible to use ur BSNL Modem cum router. I need to have just a router which is cable to RJ 45 input. U can get a router for just Rs1000 if u feel u find what they r charging too much

Regards

Hi,

I have BSNL UTStarcom WA3002G4 ADSL Router. Recently i shifted to new location and BSNL has not yet trasferred my connection to new place even though new place is just the next row from old place. After following for more then a month i cancelled the connection and moved to ACT broadband. BSNL Suckssssssssssss.

I am very happy with the speed at the same cost (even lesser) then BSNL and any other provider.

Now problem is, ACT technician told me that i can't use BSNL WA3002G4 router with ACT connection. I need to buy another router and that cost me another 1500-2000 /- Rs

Now my query - "Is there a way to use UTStarcom WA3002G4 router with ACT broadband connection?".

If yes please provide steps to do so. Also i am not sure if ADSL router WA3002G4 can really be used with ACT broadband lines.

UTStarcom WA3002G4 model comes with following ports.

1 Port for telephone input line,
4 Ports for LAN connection,
1 Wifi antena

If we can convert this router to a switch then our problem will be solved but the question is how to do that. I dont know how to configure WA3002G4 router to work as switch.

regards,
Jack

Impossible to use ur BSNL Modem cum router. I need to have just a router which is cable to RJ 45 input. U can get a router for just Rs1000 if u feel u find what they r charging too much

Regards

Yes it is very much possible. All you need to do is configure your modem as a bridge. Then you can access it