• Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,694

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Got this in a mailer as I am supposedly a privileged customer of ICICI.

ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card

You pay a Joining fee of ` 25000 under the Lifetime Fee option and get a gift voucher for a complimentary Apple iPad2 16GB Wifi within 45 days of payment of the Lifetime fee. This voucher can be redeemed at a Croma store* in your city.
No annual fee henceforth.

you get a mastercard and an american express card!

https://imgur.com/54n8o

tons of benefits listed on the link above.

now i am not exactly the kind of person who would find this card useful. but this does look like a pretty cool deal.

Omgz!

I too got this mailer couple of weeks back .. But they haven't mentioned the credit limit anywhere ... My current card has 1.25lac ..So will it remain same or will they increase it?Have any idea abt it?

you should check out if you can apply for it 😀as for credit limit, i am sure it would be much higher considering the joining fee of this card 😕 my free credit card has a limit of 85K for the last couple of years. i can safely say that i can request for an upgrade and it would be done considering they have asked me several times in the last couple of years and i refused. 😀

Certainly ur credit limit doesn't depend upon the joining fees. I have 1 free card, 1 with small joining fees and 1 with an even higher joining fee.But the credit limit on these 3 goes descending! Also, the order in which I got these was in the order in which I have listed them! So my credit score ideally wud b neutral for 1st and increasing further.....

well this is not a regular cards. these are premium cards. and they are likely to have pretty solid credit limit. otherwise what is the point of going for them?

The device costs 24500 at the store, so you are basically getting the money back. Interesting that.Also went at their Croma's online site & discovered a couple of "Croma" branded low range tabs

well this is not a regular cards. these are premium cards. and they are likely to have pretty solid credit limit. otherwise what is the point of going for them?

The costliest I have is a platinum card with max fees 😛
Imagine a platinum card with half the credit limit of the regular 1? 😀

@Sabir..... I thought on the same lines..... Why not make some money and have the card effectively for free? 😉

well benefits and credit limits would increase with time. the card we are talking about is i am sure not targeted at us mortals anyways 😀

Well. I already have a Playbook tablet. Usage is moderate. Not sure if having an ipad will add a value. Also, someone can pay the money & take the ipad while card can be enjoyed almost free. I am not an avid credit card user. I have bought a few apps in the past year, but before that, I had used a credit card in my life - once, in case of helping a relative (just to avoid embarrassment of saying I dont to like use credit cards and them thinking I dont want to help)

Just realized this is not the latest ipad (reminder to self to be more observant, next time). In this case, I dont see the real worth of spending 25k. Nexus 7 is a better deal for me at around 15.And another thing I forgot to mention I got that credit card in 2004 with limit of 15k, and without a single purchase it was increased to 25k in 2007 or so & the mail said increased based on your usage and history of payments etc :sinister: .. Its stagnant there now though. Oh, and no annual fees by the way. They did put it the first 2-3 times annually & I promptly threatened to cancel the card because of which they reverted the charges.

But now a days, the credit cards with annual charges are the ones with more offersSo if anyone is a frequent credit card user, it is better to go for the card with annual charges.BTW Sushubh are there any benefits/offers mentioned for the card? I mean other than iPad 🙂