Micromax leads the Indian tablet market

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,014
Thats no mean achievement

Indian consumers bought over 5 lakh tablets during the April - June quarter, up 673% from a year ago, according to latest data from market research firm CyberMedia Research.

According to CyberMedia's Tablet Market Review for 2Q 2012, Micromax leads India's tablet market with an 18.4% market share, followed by Samsung, which has a 13.3% share. Apple, had a 12.3% market share during the quarter.

The average price of tablets sold in India dropped to Rs 13,000 during the June quarter, compared to Rs 26,000 in the previous quarter.

"The share of devices based on other operating systems like Windows, iOS and QNX are expected to rise in future in view of the recent announcement of the Microsoft Windows Surface Tablet, the global launch of the Apple iPad 3 and reduction in BlackBerry Playbook prices"", Kawoosa added.

hard to believe market research reports. idc claims that lenovo has overtaken HP to become the world's largest pc market. gartner claims lenovo is close but has not yet overtaken hp. unless the figures are released by the manufacturers themselves... these figures are just assumptions.

Agreed. But I feel they might be off by some 10-20%. In the sense Micromax may only be closer to 14-15%. Being totally off, is also a possibility, but I wonder if it would that much totally off.

i am more interested in knowing the sales numbers of smaller companies. micromax is not the only indian player in the tablet pc market. the market is very fragmented. i am sure these companies also sell a very large number of tablets in the market. and what about ubisoft and their aakash 😀 if their pre-order claims are to be believed, they are on their way to become the world's largest tablet pc seller. 🙂

I think this study may also not account for several tablets which are ordered from China and US ones sold by resellers on ebay

i am not surprised. price is a major factor. besides micromax has an image of a safe bet company among other low cost device manufacturers.