• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 2,645

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
The catch here is that some of them agreed to provide info and a few who agreed have not stood in international for more than a couple of years now. Bringing down the people who agreed to fix games by giving wrong decisions in international games AND are currently active down to 2 or 3.

Umpires agreed to fix matches, claims India TV sting : Cricketnext

The channel named six umpires - Nadeem Ghauri and Anees Siddiqui from Pakistan, Bangladesh’s Nadir Shah and Sri Lankans Gamini Dissanayake, Maurice Winston and Sagara Gallage - who agreed to take money in exchange of providing basic information related to the game. While Bangladesh's Shah agreed to fix any match be it an international, county or league fixture, Pakistan's ICC international panel umpire Ghauri agreed to favour players if he was given all amounts underhand in "black".

The 48-year-old Shah has officiated in 40-plus one-day internationals and six Tests as TV umpire and three Tests as reserve umpire but has not been active at the international level since 2006. Ghauri – a former international who played for Pakistan in one Test and six ODIS - has stood in 43 ODIs, 14 Tests and four T20 matches – the last of which was in November 2010. Both Shah and Ghauri agreed to give decisions such as "out", "not out" in any format of the game.

The channel also claimed that Sri Lankan premier panel umpire Gallage - who was also the fourth umpire at the crucial India-Pakistan World Twenty20 match on September 17 - agreed to reveal the basic information like pitch conditions, weather, toss, and even the playing XIs of both teams. Another Sri Lankan premier panel umpire, Maurice Winston, has been revealed to have also shared information related to pitches, toss and team compositions for the warm-up match between Australia and England at the just concluded World Tweny20. He had also agreed to take the entire amount in 'black'.

Going a step ahead, Sri Lankan umpire Dissanayake promised to 'revolt' against Sri Lanka Cricket if given a handsome amount. Pakistan's elite panel umpire Siddiqui was also ready to get a decision in favour of money.

And they approached someone, who apparently refused.

When the channel approached Sharfudoullah Shahid Saikat, the Bangladesh ICC international panel umpire, he refused to give any favour in exchange of money.

Now even umpires...fixing is going too far!

I am seriously confused which is correct... rakhi> itv or dolly>itv or itv>dolly or itv>rakhi or dolly=rakhi or itv=dolly or itv=rakhi or dolly+rakhi=itv or itv+dolly=rakhi or itv+rakhi=dolly. :banghead:

News : Sri Lanka and Pakistan boards launch probes into umpire corruption | Cricket News | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

Sri Lanka Cricket and the Pakistan Cricket Board have confirmed that both boards have begun investigations into the allegations that several first-class umpires were willing to influence matches for illegal payments. The claims came to light on Monday, when India TV broadcast a sting alleging that umpires from three countries had agreed to accept money to give decisions favouring certain players.

"Initial investigations are being carried out by our anti-corruption unit," SLC chief executive Ajith Jayasekara told ESPNcricinfo. He also said the SLC had not yet contacted the umpires, as it "would like to know what really is happening before we did anything."

A PCB spokesman also said the board was looking into the situation. "We are in contact with ICC and carrying out a detailed investigation into the matter," he told ESPNcricinfo. "For us it is just a TV report. We have sought the details involved in the matter and it is too early to say anything. The PCB maintains that we have a zero-tolerance policy towards any kind of corruption in cricket at any level."

One of the umpires named by India TV in their programme, Bangladesh's Nadir Shah, denied any involvement in match-fixing. "I was taken to Delhi to sign a contract for umpiring in the Sri Lanka Premier League," he told ESPNcricinfo. "But when I saw these people making match-fixing approaches, I backed off. I didn't do any SLPL matches, as you must know. I was never involved in match-fixing at any level."

Shah told BBC Bangla that he cut off contact once he was approached about fixing. "These are baseless allegations. They said their piece, nobody is listening to what I have to say. When they asked me to fix matches, I said I can't do it," he said. "I didn't let anyone know because I didn't think it would go that far. My agent told me to stop contacting them so when they called me later, I said I am not interested."

The Bangladesh board said it was taking the issue 'very seriously'. "We are collecting all the evidence from the reports that we have seen in the news," Jalal Yunus told reporters in Mirpur. "The board president has told me that there will be an inquiry committee, after which we will come to a decision."

Pakistan's Nadeem Ghauri, another umpire named in the sting, also said he was innocent. "I was approached by some TV channel from India who asked me to do an interview through Skype," Ghauri told reporters in Lahore. "They did ask me about the fixing stuff but I had nothing to say on the topic. They asked me to come to India and be part of their TV shows but I said I would come only if they sponsored my visit, but we didn't reach any agreement."

well, india tv is shit no doubt, but its natures law that even a shitty channel will be right sometimes 😀i dont doubt a shit that umpires are involved in watever depth, in fixing.

Watched a bit of videos. The impression I get is that the umpires were told that this sports management company is conducting some tournaments (I wont be surprised if its some sort of local, non-affiliated to ICC or other national boards tournaments) & they want the umpires to be helpful to some specific players that are associated with the sponsors. The hype is given by India TV as if they caught top level umpires fixing World Cup matches. The truth to me seems to be that these are mostly "no longer in top" umpires, the latest one of them has participated in an international game is 2010, and they agreed to favour certain players in some local unofficial tournament that is to be conducted by the sports management company. Sort of corporate tournaments or some unaffiliated T20 league or so.

The best part is - The umpire is asked to speak about his portfolio, and he causually mentions he has stood with Aleem Dar and they go - "Did you see whose name he took, Aleem Dar, who is a leading umpire in World T20"

Read the news in the paper today morning. Umpires are no where even in ICC's reckoning. May be if matches are played in Pakistan, u wud see Nadeem Ghouri officiating.But then they say, u go to Pakistan at ur own risk, and u play Pak in Pak, at ur own risk!

The basic fact is that they were clearly told they are approached by a sports management company. Not ICC. Not any National board. Not even anyone pretending to be anything related to or seriously associated to them. At the most they could have hyped they were at par in scope & size with ICL that existed in 2007-09 or something like Hong Kong Cricket Sixes. Thats pretty much it.

Right. India TV has no TRP - its a clear indication by the type of news they are bringing in!

India TV is knows for such cheap publicity! They can make anyone wrong provided they get some cheap TRP's. I havent seen any videos or read about it. I seriously don't trust any news if its coming from India TV.They should not be allowed to use India as there channel name.

This was same like they tried to expose I P L players fixing. But it turned out that they just trapped small (unknown) fish who didnt really have significant role 🙂These umpires caught seem like they were working in BPL (Bangladesh League) and SLPL (Lankan League), so henceforth people would not trust and watch such leagues 🙂