PayPal News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter farooq1789
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 303
  • Views Views 90,504
I guess this is happening because Ebay took over Baazee.........And Paypal is owned by Ebay so they have started exploring Indian markets more hence catering to India with more features now.
ebay acquired bazee in june 2004 itself 😀

this is happening because lots of indian paypal users were frustrated because before this you could get the amount from paypal only through a check which takes more than a month to arrive. a big hurdle for ppl doing online business and accepting money through paypal.

so some of them were transferring them to their friends and relatives accounts in US, some of them opened accounts in US banks, and some were using xoom service which is illegal as per RBI guidelines bcos that was anonymous...

now all those methods can be got rid of 🙂

^^^True, But Paypal got inroads into Indian Market because of Ebay.Paypal previously also had lot of Indian Users but now they have started noticing them. Paypal does not offer Linking Bank accounts in all countries. But they came up with this option for India, partly because they started noticing Indian Customers and also because of Increasing number of Indian using Paypal regularly! Also another reason is they want to Promote Paypal more so that buyers of Ebay india can use Paypal as mode of payment more frequently and also it would be convenient for sellers of Ebay India if they can withdraw from Paypal directly to Indian Bank Accounts!Anyways good for all! No more hassles while withdrawing money! 🙂

They don't allow reverse funding becoz of RBI regulation which makes it mandatory for money moving out of country to be under FEMA Act ........

^^^ Exactly . I was thinking about same thing bcoz its possible to transfer money instantly from most of Indian bank's websites , this might have to do something with RBI's rules

I am not sure but debit cards that holds VISA logo are valid .

They are good only for certain aspects as they have some serious flaws. For instance they rip off client when it comes to exchange rate. It does not allow Indian clients to withdraw in USD, they convert it into INR according to their forex bank rates. Noticibly the difference in the rate offered by them and any other forex dealer is as high a 1 Rs. per USD. Thats killing when the rupee is anyhow getting stronger day by day. The other major flaw in their system, atleast for me, is support for digital products (downloable products). Absolutely no support is offered if incase any order is disputed! Even though the seller is not at fault.

^^ Agreed last week i took some money out on CC and they gave exchange rate of 37 per USD which i think is less .

PayPal Secure Card service launchedPayPal is collaborating with MasterCard to launch a new service named PayPal Secure Card. It would enable their customers to make payments on Web sites that don’t accept PayPal directly.This new software application would recognize when a user lands on a payment page on web store. It would then help the [...]

PayPal Secure Card service launched