• Thread starter Thread starter techtata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 4,136

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi,I am using Windows 7 Home Basic 64+ bit OS, but despite installing all the necessary motheboard - Gigabyte G41MT-S2 drivers there is no sound from the system. I can't hear any music playing online or off line, please help me. Can I post screenshots on this thread? Thanks.

Ok, friends. Here is a link to that web site with some screenshots of my pc.

Photo Album - Imgur

Hope this will help. Thanks for the abuse I have been subjected to by some members here. My sincere thanks to people who have shown the interest to help me. Thanks.

No offense meant buddy...
1) Have u used win 7 before?
2) new to 64 bit?
3) does the sound worked before?
I need this look alike screen shot from ur side..

1) Have u used win 7 before?

No, never. This is my first time.

2) new to 64 bit?
Yes.

3) does the sound worked before?

Not in Win 7.

Thanks.

Windows 7 will run most 32-bit applications just fine. If you do have some programs that give you trouble, though, XP Mode is indeed a good approach to solving that problem.
Also the software i highlighted in my screenshot is 64 bit software.

I have downloaded the drivers from Gigabyte site only and tried both versions ie 32+ and 64+ for Win 7, but still I can't hear any sound. Please guide me. With your help I am sure that I can resolve this issue. Thanks.

Another thing -- Are your speakers alright? Did you check??

yes, they are working well with other pc of mine. Please suggest me something. Thanks.

Could be a bad sound chip. The same thing happened to me around two years back. The PSU went kaput and when I replaced the PSU, there was no sound. The drivers were installed, device was showing properly in 'Device Manager' etc, but no sound. I had to get my mainboard RMAed.

have u installed the video driver?? if yes..uninstall the video driver and audio diver ..restart the pc and then once again install the realtek audio driver first.. later u can install the video driver.try this..it worked for me this way on my Asus m/b