No sound in Windows 7

techtata

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 27, 2009
Hi,I am using Windows 7 Home Basic 64+ bit OS, but despite installing all the necessary motheboard - Gigabyte G41MT-S2 drivers there is no sound from the system. I can't hear any music playing online or off line, please help me. Can I post screenshots on this thread? Thanks.

Samuel

Regulars
Nov 7, 2010
Delhi/NCR
Post a screenshot of expanded device manager components also, what kind of speaker system are you using?

techtata

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 27, 2009
Post a screenshot of expanded device manager components also, what kind of speaker system are you using?

Thanks, but how do I attach screenshots to this thread?

LaysyDesi

Regular
Regulars
Feb 27, 2011
upload the pic @ imgur.com and past the link here...from wht I knw, most of the drivers come pre-loaded with Win-7

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
Its simple to tackle this. Chances are that u had left the machine on for a while, and it went dumb. Once that happens, it somehow forgets that it has a sound driver installed. Simply disable that sound output device by going into the device manager & enable it again. That happens with me manytimes when i am in Win 7.

LaysyDesi

Regular
Regulars
Feb 27, 2011
Hmm dude... your system is Ghajini.. :p

antifup

Regular
Regulars
May 12, 2012
Do you have RealTek drivers? If so, do you have a brown speaker icon in your system tray? Click on it, this will come up:

I use an HDMI cable so I cannot check the circles and give you the correct screenshot/options. Just click on the one highlighted in yours or any particular one and then try different options, eg: Front Speaker, Rear Speaker etc.

bhatiavk

Jun 8, 2007
Hey Buddy, if you have Team - Viewer i can take a control of your machine and fix for you.