• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,756
Status
Not open for further replies.

deba

ISP
BSNL
Dear All,Presently I am using the BSNL Braodband 512 kbps plan and want to switch to Reliance Broadband with 1 (day) and 2 (night) Mbps unlimited plans.I do a lot of torrent downloading in my present BSNL Broadband connection, Will I be able to do so in Reliance Broadband or will I be warned by them to check my download limit. Do they monitor the users surfing and downloading.Feed back from actual users will be highly appreciated.Thanks in advance.(from Central Kolkata)

i know only two things about reliance broadband... people you would be dealing with would not be very professional in nature. second, they do not support automatic logins. you would have to login manually through their website every-time you want to connect. also, last time i checked they disconnected you every six hours or so. i could be wrong about this though.

Ask around thoroughly in your locality before switching to reliance, they are kinda unreliable.Do you not have meghbala and the likes at your place ?

I'm using Reliance Broadband for more than 6 years and here is my opinion :Reliance has improved in terms of actual download speed they provide.So for torrents you wont regret using it.On the other hand if you are a multiplayer gamer then I won't recommend you to take Reliance as the pings are now miserable..A year back I used to get 75-100 ms in a specific indian server and now I get 200+.That's because of different routing services opted by Reliance.Customer support used to suck in my city (Lucknow) but now they're just awesome! Once I had a fault in my internet line,so I called them at 10 in the morning and by evening my problem was resolved!Yes,that 6 hours idle disconnection exists but I found a solution to that.As I am using a wireless router too..I just keep the wi-fi on my mobile active.It prevents the internet from disconnecting or logging out.I'm using 1199 Combo plan which provides 2 Mbps for 30 GB and practically theres no FUP 😀 I download more than 40 GB every month and my speed still remains the same 😀So overall,if you are a gamer then Reliance can be a pain in the ass.But for downloading purpose it is quite good.Hope this helps 🙂

I'm using Reliance Broadband for more than 6 years and here is my opinion :

Im using it for nearly 2 yrs and im happy with it

Reliance has improved in terms of actual download speed they provide.So for torrents you wont regret using it.

I totally agree with u

On the other hand if you are a multiplayer gamer then I won't recommend you to take Reliance as the pings are now miserable..A year back I used to get 75-100 ms in a specific indian server and now I get 200+.That's because of different routing services opted by Reliance.

Customer support used to suck in my city (Lucknow) but now they're just awesome! Once I had a fault in my internet line,so I called them at 10 in the morning and by evening my problem was resolved!

Yes,that 6 hours idle disconnection exists but I found a solution to that.As I am using a wireless router too..I just keep the wi-fi on my mobile active.It prevents the internet from disconnecting or logging out.

I never keep it idle..so..doesn't experienced it.

I'm using 1199 Combo plan which provides 2 Mbps for 30 GB and practically theres no FUP 😀 I download more than 40 GB every month and my speed still remains the same 😀

So overall,if you are a gamer then Reliance can be a pain in the ass.But for downloading purpose it is quite good.

Hope this helps 🙂

I'm using Reliance Broadband for more than 6 years and here is my opinion :

Reliance has improved in terms of actual download speed they provide.So for torrents you wont regret using it.

On the other hand if you are a multiplayer gamer then I won't recommend you to take Reliance as the pings are now miserable..A year back I used to get 75-100 ms in a specific indian server and now I get 200+.That's because of different routing services opted by Reliance.

Customer support used to suck in my city (Lucknow) but now they're just awesome! Once I had a fault in my internet line,so I called them at 10 in the morning and by evening my problem was resolved!

Yes,that 6 hours idle disconnection exists but I found a solution to that.As I am using a wireless router too..I just keep the wi-fi on my mobile active.It prevents the internet from disconnecting or logging out.

I'm using 1199 Combo plan which provides 2 Mbps for 30 GB and practically theres no FUP 😀 I download more than 40 GB every month and my speed still remains the same 😀

So overall,if you are a gamer then Reliance can be a pain in the ass.But for downloading purpose it is quite good.

Hope this helps 🙂

Is this wired line or you have a wireless antenna on your rooftop ?

my locality no longer has pain free BSNL for a year now, you have to run after line man every damn morning, and it was always down, not for hours but for days and weeks sometimes.
I cancelled BSNL and surviving on USB modems but its expensive for downloads, reliance BB is present in my town but they are not in my locality so is it possible to have them install some antenna on rooftop so I can get it working here ??

Well I have the wired connection and yes! I guess wimax maybe available but I cannot comment on it's download and upload speeds...Consult someone else 🙂

Reliance WiMax is available mostly all area call customer care and raise one request for the same. I'm using Reliance WiMax no problem at all 🙂 almost One Year. Though i suggest you always go for wired one Physical connectivity FTW 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.