Hathway hikes tariffs........

shiningstar79

ISP
hathway
Another hike in tariff by hathway, ultra 512kbps increased from 1422 quarterly to 1591 now....time to move on guys

lol i still love hathway i am using hathway from the past 6months zip 5 max plan 5Mbps and my speed remains the same even after fup. I have nearly downloaded 1.6 terabytes in the last 6months, never gonna change from hathway and plus my monthly bill does not exceed 999 per month, i am so happy with hathway.

is the competition offering it in the same regions where hathway is offering their services? unlikely. almost all isps today have special packages for hyderabad and other cities where competition has become rather hot. rest of the country? they are the cash cows.

1591 is quarterly amount which comes to 530 per month....

512kbps for 1591? Are they nuts? The competition is offering 20Mbps for that rate!

Quarterly price. So it isn't bad at all.

worst thing is i face downtime everyday almost when their login page goes down probably indicating major problem at their gateway, you call their helpline it says number doesn't exist...when connection comes up, try calling the same number it connects perfectly.....they are deliberately switching off their customer care when their gateway goes down....

worst thing is i face downtime everyday almost when their login page goes down probably indicating major problem at their gateway, you call their helpline it says number doesn't exist...when connection comes up, try calling the same number it connects perfectly.....they are deliberately switching off their customer care when their gateway goes down....

hathway's download speed in Mumbai has gone pathetic since last couple of months. They purposely reduce the speed to 128kbps - 256kbps on Saturday, Sunday and on public holidays. Even if you are using 5 mbps connection the speed still drops to 128kbps - 256kbps, which is not even broad band. Even after complaining they refuse to accept the problem. No such thing is mentioned in their fair usage policy that the speed will be reduced to 128kbps -256 kbps.

Even the daily speed is not consistent through out the day. hathway has wrong ethics. The purposely reduce speed to save on bandwidth is simply not acceptable. This is cheating.

i am in mumbai. i get full 5 mbps all the time. hardly any downtime. only problem is during the sunday free download day, it logs off once/twice a day. so can't keep the comp on and go out. need to be around to manually login.

i am in mumbai. i get full 5 mbps all the time. hardly any downtime. only problem is during the sunday free download day, it logs off once/twice a day. so can't keep the comp on and go out. need to be around to manually login.

which part of Mumbai are u from? Because even my friends have noticed the same issue. So this problem is not restriced to me only. Right now my speed is fluctuating between 0.5mbps-2.2mbps and it will remain the same the whole afternoon and probably by evening it should become better, but still it won't reach even 3.5mbps then. Mornings I get proper speed (ofcourse not on sat, sun, and holidays)

Have been with hathway for 4 years now. The problem started couple of months back. Even email to their nodal offices have fallen on deaf ears.

Just waiting for MTNL FTTH and then chuck hathway...!