• Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,301

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
AKAI Set to Revolutionise Indian Television Viewing with the Launch of AKAI Smart Box

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ivf1dJnIifE&feature=player_embedded

Android Operating System
— Unlimited Internet Browsing (Open System)
— 1.25 GHz CPU Processor
— Built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet port
— 3G Dongle and 2G Network support
— Creates Wi-Fi Hotspot
— HDMI port for Full HD video playback
— AV port
— 4 x USB 2.0 ports
— SD/MMC card slot (Supports upto 32 GB)
Headphone and Mic Jack
— Wireless mouse
— 4GB Internal Memory
— In-built IM (Google Talk, Skype, Yahoo) & Social Networking Sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
— Supports YouTube Video
— Games
— Unlimited applications access through Google Playstore
— Calendar and Calculator function
— DLNA Support

Looks really good, more manufacturers should come up with such devicesWould have considered this If only this was from a more reliable brand

more reliable brands are more interested in launching smart tvs which are more profitable. devices like these would continue to be made by smaller companies.

as usual akai website had nothing about this product on their website. i just got the PR.

Looks really good. A colleague of mine bought a new HDTV 3 months back, he took a costlier one just for WiFi, DLNA etc, which was a bit costlyI think this is the perfect solution for any big TV.Only concern is the RAM when you play any HD video thru USB

So is it something that can be attached to any "Dumb" TV to make it "Smart" TV? Or is it something like the Portable Android CPUs that can be connected with a Inputs/Outputs to make it a fully functional PC?

consider this a cpu with your television as the monitor. you can use it to do anything that an android device can do. play games, surf the web, watch online video, watch offline video. it has hdmi and av connectors unless the television set is really really old, all should be well.

there are tons of android based set top boxes available internationally.

but this is probably the first one that has been officially launched in india.

we have set top boxes already on sale. companies like wd and Netgear makes them.

but they are usually based on custom operating system and comes loaded with apps for youtube etc.

some even have a web browser. android just provides a much better software alternative though hardware requirements are enhanced.

amkette sells a media player for pretty low prices here in india. 2075 rupees on this deal for example Buy Amkette Computer Flash TV Adopter at low price in India: Junglee.com

Saw the video. It supports wireless keyboard.

No information about version of android and RAM.

Runs on 2.3 android and has 1GB RAM. Not bad.

Sounds interesting! But then i guess this is not the first of its kind. I remember reading something of a similar kind in Digit. So i m sure it must have been posted here......Android 4.0 Mini PC MK802 Review | Mini PC Reviews

PS: May be if u dont like the source of the link, u can remove! 🙂
https://broadband.forum/consumer-electronics/79086-the-pocket-tv.html is pretty cool as well. It has Android ICS

u would not be able to run chrome on it 😛 what a shame 😛pocket tv requires your tv to have a HDMI port.

The unboxing/review video says they are planning to upgrade to future versions, but not sure if can depend on that. Unless you are in hurry to get a smart tv or get the functionality of one, may not be a bad idea to wait a few months to see any further new launches or products with even more & better features.