Frequent disconnections of MTNL Triband

• Thread starter Thread starter setu4993
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,802

setu4993

ISP
MTNL
Hello,In the last 2 months, I've faced very frequent disconnections (sometimes twice in less than 5 minutes), on a regular basis.I got the modem changed twice. And the problem persists. Got the parallel connection made, and still, persists. (Note: Even when there wasn't a parallel connection, not lifting the phone also caused frequent disconnections.)The MTNL people come, change the router, and then say that it's done. Repeated complaints (even to the AGM) have borne no fruit. And now, I'm extremely pissed and have decided to take some help from the community and figure out what the issue is and thus solve it.I read that it has something to do with SNR Margin and Line Attenuation, so here are those stats, right now: Downstream UpstreamSNR Margin: 32.2 15.1 dbLine Attenuation: 19.0 10.2 dbData Rate: 2048 508 kbpsAttainable Rate: 21396 1140 kbpsPower: 0.0 -0.6 dbmCRC: 1 65319I'd appreciate some help about what exactly the problem seems to be and the solution for the same.Thanks!

are you connecting with proper settings?proper username - is it with @a or without @a?MTUMSS

Proper settings as in?I'm using them with the settings that the MTNL did while replacing the router. Although, I did change it to G.DMT, Annex A recently and have seen fewer disconnections.The username is without @a.TCP MSS is set to 1400 bytes.TCP MTU is set to the default 1492 bytes.