Nokia Xpress for Lumia

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 817
Whenever Nokia launches some exciting app for Nokia Lumia handsets, I regret buying Samsung WP handset.On some website related to such Nokia WP app launch, I read users comments, that, what is stopping Samsung/HTC from launching apps like Nokia for Windows Phone Platform. Samsung/HTC should not blame Nokia to getting exclusive apps, and should rather invest their resources in providing such apps for their handsets.

when Nokia launches exclusive apps for their platform, they are just causing fragmentation on the wp ecosystem. i mean the wp ecosystem is bad right now that nokia actually has to end up developing specialized apps for their own phones. this is not a problem you face on android and ios.it just looks bad on microsoft's part. these are the kind of apps they should have been releasing. but then. eventually they would take over nokia's smartphone operations and the same apps would be released for all windows phone devices.

I am waiting for same day when MS releases all Nokia apps for all WP handsets. I think Samsung/HTC also waiting for same 🙂

well just wait for the third party ecosystem to catchup. expecting Nokia to get bankrupt and acquired by microsoft might not happen in the near future. nokia of course would continue to keep these apps exclusive to lumia. i am still not sure how they agreed to releasing maps and navigation to competing products.

Nokia will surely continue and not get sold soon. Their S40 handsets of Asha series is going strong in emerging markets, and it is enough to keep them afloat.Then their apps like Maps and Navigation also seems to give them good income, and that may be the reason these apps are made available on competitors platform (Like iOS).

Nokia cannot survive on the basis of their asha devices. they are not a small manufacturer. even if they are laying off people at such a rapid pace. they cannot simply survive on low cost devices. what they need to do is to sell their lumia exclusive apps on competing devices. they can surely use the money from the sale of these apps. keep them free on lumia! i can see why they do not want to do it. but i doubt people would buy lumia devices just because of the exclusive apps. they already have some of the best wp devices in the market today.as for maps and navigation. they could have easily charged 50 dollars per year from competing devices. but i guess microsoft is making them offer it for free because their own bing maps are not very strong outside the US market.