Hathway Bangalore customer service - does it exist??

• Thread starter Thread starter rohitmath
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,589

rohitmath

ISP
BSNL EVDO / Airtel
Is there any form of customer service at Hathway either in Bangalore or Nationally??I had got Hathway installed 4 months ago as some of my neighbors in my apartment building had it installed and HD was available in my area.Started off badly. The LCO took 2 days to visit my residence. When he showed up, he was kind of clueless about channels, packages etc. Even today I keep getting calls from Ten Golf that the channel is available for Rs. 200 pm but neither LCO or Hathway office seems to know anything about it.The LCO informed me that I had to pay 6400 for one years HD including the HD stb. It took him over a week to provide the box and another 3 days to get HD working. This with constant phone follow ups. Most of my calls went unanswered. Now I had paid over 6k and the guy was refusing to refund my money. Two months later, HD stopped working altogether. Again, they said some major cable had been cut due to tree fall and one house owner was refusing to let them fix a jn box and some furthernsilly reason.The latest is that all channels stopped working even though signal strength was good enough. So after the brain dead LCO came three days after informing him, he checked and stb not working. This was the day the t20 WC started. He told me it will take a week to get the STB fixed and that if I wanted quicker service, I needed to go to ulsoor service center to get faster service.I visited that hole of an office where there was a young boy checking new stb boxes and repacking them. 10 people were waiting there aimlessly and there was nobody to deal with any of us waiting or even answer a question. I kept asking the guy for someone senior but it was like he was selectively deaf. After half hour, some one senior looking executive walked into the room. I called out to him.. Guess what.. He was also deaf.. The other guys there, LCO representatives, were smiling saying Aise he hai (like this only). I raised my voice to get their attention but got a nale ba ( come tomorrow) response.I finally returned home and looked up the website and got the Bangalore office number. A young kinda clueless girl picked up and assured me that they will resolve the problem soon. She gave me the number of some creep Raj Kumar who is Assistant Manager but he is more clueless than the girl. It has been two weeks and I have no STB. The LCO has connected direct to TV and has been justifying saying signal is working. STB is Hathway problem and he is helpless.. Wait till Sunday.. I am not sure what to do as there is no way they will return my money. The biggest mistake I made was agreeing to pay the entire 6k up front. No subscription form or acknowledgement or terms of service was ever shared with me.Please let me know if anyone has any idea on whom I should escalate the Matter..Knowing the history of how cable networks had been consolidated to be run by local gangsters, I don't feel it's ideal to be yelling and screaming at these goons. Least I expected was that a publicly listed company would have a call center to accept and track customer complaints.Sorry for the long post but I utterly frustrated and waiting for 6 months to shift to DTH.

Hey Rohit.. sorry to hear your story. I hope the issue is resolved by this time. Which part of Bangalore are you staying? Irrespective of that, the LCO guys are always brain dead when it comes to HD services. I have been having signal issues (picture getting stuck for a few seconds every other minute) from the time I setup the HD connection. the LCO guys have come in some 5+ times, each time claiming that they increased the signal strength, changed junction box etc - but ultimately, my problem still remains. After 6 weeks of troubleshooting, now they have claimed that the changing of the cable (apartment's and concealed wiring) is the fix! Yet to approve that change and seriously considering a switch. But refund is never gonna come - and its bloody 6.4KBTW - you are on the dot about the Halasuru office. Its a sh*thole with no one knowing what to do and they seem to have never heard the terms customer & service.

Hey Rohit.. sorry to hear your story. I hope the issue is resolved by this time. Which part of Bangalore are you staying? Irrespective of that, the LCO guys are always brain dead when it comes to HD services. I have been having signal issues (picture getting stuck for a few seconds every other minute) from the time I setup the HD connection. the LCO guys have come in some 5+ times, each time claiming that they increased the signal strength, changed junction box etc - but ultimately, my problem still remains. After 6 weeks of troubleshooting, now they have claimed that the changing of the cable (apartment's and concealed wiring) is the fix! Yet to approve that change and seriously considering a switch. But refund is never gonna come - and its bloody 6.4K

BTW - you are on the dot about the Halasuru office. Its a sh*thole with no one knowing what to do and they seem to have never heard the terms customer & service.

Hey buddy,

I just moved out of the old apartment and moved to a new one. Went in for Dish TV cause they have 40 HD Channels, installed in one day and they were able to get Ten Golf activated in 1 hour. Its been 6 months and hatway still cannot activate Ten Golf.

After the pain i went through with Hathway (it took 10 days to replace the STB which made me miss the T20 World Cup in HD) to get my STB back. I did not bother with shifting. It took daily follow up with the head office in Frazer town.

I left the HD STB at the old apartment for my mom to use. The conversations with their representatives were getting very heated and a friend told me not to get too irate with the former goons that set up and maintain the networks that we now call Hathway.

They should just call the service Shataway - as in - I just Shataway 6k on a service that barely works cause nobody at Hathway has a clue how to deal with customers once they have taken your money in advance.

I am very happy with DishTv for the last month.

good to hear that you are happy with Dish TV. By the looks of how my case is going, I will have to eventually "give away" that 6K as well. Unless the LCO grows some brains and identify the root cause of my issue.

good to hear that you are happy with Dish TV. By the looks of how my case is going, I will have to eventually "give away" that 6K as well. Unless the LCO grows some brains and identify the root cause of my issue.

Well bro.. I dont know if anyone has noticed but Shataway Cable network does not have a dedicated customer service phone number nor do they have an e-mail id you can use to communicate with them so none of our complaints are ever tracked.

They charge Rs 500 per month (assuming that they are investing in terms of STB which probably costs them 1.5k max) and are providing cable service without customer service.

Its like a pyramid scheme for those guys

Customer --> Line Man (local cable walla) --> Cable Mafia (The guy who invests in setting up cable) --> LCO --> Area Office --> ???

Not sure where they go from there and what Hathway is.. And trust me.. Its a messy situation.. At every level they make a percentage.

Stay far away from those thieves. To me it seems like nobody is interested in providing you an addressed STB so nobody can make money by giving multiple connections in black (am sure that Hathway never sees the Rs50-Rs150 for the second and third TV).. And Hathway doesnt need to pay the Networks extra by truly letting the networks know the number of subscribers / connections.

This is what I deduce from 6 months of innumerable calls and aggravation. I hate Hathaway and have no qualms saying it...

can u please email your complaint to helpline_executive@hathway.net and mark it attn : Firoz