MTNL hai toh sahi hai

• Thread starter Thread starter Thedoom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 3,307
ISP
MTNL
Ok I'll end my sarcasm here. This is one of the humorous cases ever. I've just installed my mtnl bb around 4 hours back and it had started giving me problems. Let me tell you that I've my own modem+ router which I used with airtel and it worked perfectly fine. So all of a sudden the internet light goes off and the dsl starts to blink slowly until the Internet light lights up again and running. It happens automatically and the Internet light takes about 1 min to restore.I have a parallel line and it doesn't cause a problem. And there's no disturbance on the line.

That always happens on MTNL ADSL. That is due to poor server configuration from MTNL side. I am suffering with random disconnections issue from 5-6 years.

I too face disconnections but, it's not that frequent, it's like once in 14 or so hours that too once in a while.It connects automatically and as you said, takes around 1 minutes for everything to get stable.

If in case the internet doesn't get back soon (within 20-30 seconds between light switching off and then turning back on on the router), I press the power button off and then immediately on. In fact the technique has worked so well for me oftentimes that the router keeps working for several hours in the normal fashion without any interruptions whatsoever. There's no harm in trying it.

I too face disconnections but, it's not that frequent, it's like once in 14 or so hours that too once in a while.

It connects automatically and as you said, takes around 1 minutes for everything to get stable.
MTNL refreshes the IP after every six hours, so everyone's connection is restarted/reconnected after 6 hours.

Did not know that actually.I realize when a program jumps up saying its unable to connect or connecting again, that's pretty much it 😀

Line stats, both with the parallel phone connected and without. Anyway, since you've just got the connection, wait for a few days.

Did not know that actually.

I realize when a program jumps up saying its unable to connect or connecting again, that's pretty much it 😀
What plan are you using?

how to check the line stats?

MTNL refreshes the IP after every six hours, so everyone's connection is restarted/reconnected after 6 hours.

but i get disconnected every hour or so or sometimes withing 30-45 min too

192.168.1.1 Open this in your browser. Is it every 45 minutes as in a fixed pattern?Disconnect parallel phone, and check stability.

nope it is surely not a pattern, sometime it take 1-1.5hrs and then disconnects.here are the line stats with my parallel line disconnectedSNR Margin 15.6, 6.0 dbLine Attenuation 17.1, 13.7 dbData Rate 2560, 692 kbps Attainable Rate: 11276, 692 kbpsOut Power: 13.6, 11.3 dbm

Hmm. Line stats are alright, not too good, but alright. Lodge complain citing frequent disconnection.Does the modem reboot itself, or does the link light go out ?

nope it is surely not a pattern, sometime it take 1-1.5hrs and then disconnects.
here are the line stats with my parallel line disconnected

SNR Margin 15.6, 6.0 db
Line Attenuation 17.1, 13.7 db
Data Rate 2560, 692 kbps

Attainable Rate: 11276, 692 kbps
Out Power: 13.6, 11.3 dbm

Hmmmm....... you haven't mentioned about ADSL splitter.....Is the parallel tel. line through splitter........If not then, do it.

Line stats also dont look that good. I think you are far from telephone exchange.

Also try G.DMT modulation instead of ADSL2+

Hope this helps