BBNL Broadband in Sanjay Nagar

• Thread starter Thread starter alm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 30,934

alm

ISP
Airtel
I have been using Airtel broadband for the past 6yrs.. 2Mbps connection.. I tried very hard to change my plan to

4/8Mbps plan. But every time i called the customer care i was told no feasibility..

Thought to change the provider .. It was Act this time.. I placed the request 10days back and still no reply from

them..They have not told till now whether my place is feasible or not..

Finally had spoken to a BBNL guy around 6 pm ... He said they will provide a free demo installation, which we could use for 3 days and take up the connection if satisfied. Within 20 mins, 2 personel showed up and asked us to fill the form ( no proofs were asked as it is for demo ). They said they could give only modem for demo which is the wired connection. We said we use only Wifi and need wifi router. Immediately he got a brand new D-Link router and

did the installation. the connection to modem was through TV cable wire. He gave us an username and password. At 7pm we got our connection.. He said the speed will be between 6-10Mbps.

Youtube 1080p videos buffered immediately without a pause.. Downloads were between 500-700.. Sometimes it even reaches 850Kbps.. From approx 250kbps to around 800kbps, its a huge leap in download experience and unlimited data usage ( ie. no FUP limit ) let me not always keep tab on my limit.

The overall experience is positive. Im still in demo period. I initially thought to have airtel for back up. But now feel its not very necessary, since this guys have been taking care of sanjay nagar area , the response is attentive.

Let me come back after using BBNL for few weeks and write my review ..

Speed Test - http://speedtest.net/result/2213514039.png

looks like you have fiber in your area!

As now there is a new section for BBNL I think moderator can move my thread there.. Thanks.

Welcome to the BBNL club 🙂

Thank u.. My internet gets disconnected by itself often.. Does it happen to any of u?

My speedtest result :

http://speedtest.net/result/2252621004.png

1. From BBNL, Bangalore ( bbnl.co.in )
2. This is through ETTH
3. 10 Mbps line @ Rs.999 + tax
4. No FUP

Review : Good latency. Not very reliable. In the month of Sept 2012, I have seen couple of downtimes ( some lasting for 30 mins ). This month, there has been none. Hope they keep it that way. Whenever, I have complained about downtimes, I have received prompt responses. So far so good

How come you getting 10 Mbps line @ Rs.999 + tax Bc they gave me 5 Mbps for @ Rs.999 + taxAm stay in Bhoopasandra central excess Layout,

I purchased BBNL Broadband 3 days ago, till now it got downtime by 5times every time need to call technical person to rectify the issue. Yesturday full Day my Internet was down & i've purchase 10Mbps Plan for Rs: 1150/- per monts but some how i'm not satisfied with the speed. It gives me 5Mb to 6Mb, some times it drastically drops to 0.56Mbps.

Does this happens to you aswell? what need to be done to improve my internet speed kindly suggest.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/2352857714.png

Yes. I have the same plan. The speed is around 6-8 Mbps but it goes down drastically ( below 1 mbps) some times. I have complained to BBNL and waiting for the response.

yes... i too have the same problem.. using for the past 2months and there is lot of fluctuations in the speed.. Even if v complain they say they will chk but no use..

yes... i too have the same problem.. using for the past 2months and there is lot of fluctuations in the speed.. Even if v complain they say they will chk but no use..

No proper update from my Cable guy or BBNL. The speed is still very low. I am going to discontinue this connection..if does not improve..

Its gonna be 1year that I started using BBNL. BBNL sucks.. Everyday the net would get disconnected automatically and we have to restart the modem again.. Sometimes it gets resolved quickly but many times it wont. We have to call the guy to fix it. Also the speed is also not very good. I have taken 10mbps plan. But For the past 2months the speed is less than 2mbps only.. I wfh mostly and everytime i have to connect 3g to connect to VPN. So double charges for me..Even after complaining no solution. Im seriously fed up with this.Tried to get back airtel atleast 4mbps but they are giving only 2mbps in my area. This is their answer for more than 2 yrs. No feasibility. ACT also says the same.. I feel my apartment is centrally located. Its not desserted at all.. But these guys make me think im in some island..Anybody else have the same problem with BBNL? Is hathway better than BBNL?
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2984329472

Finally Airtel has given me 4mbps plan. I have taken it. No more disruptions or speed problems.. Happy and relieved..
Disconnected BBNL. Called up the BBNL guy for disconnection immediately they came and took the modem and router. Cleared the wiring, refunded the amount and left..
Very quick installation and very quick disconnection.. Thats the advantage of using BBNL..