Buying a Mobile: Samsung Galaxy or Nokia?

• Thread starter Thread starter mreccentric
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 5,735
Status
Not open for further replies.

mreccentric

Addict
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel / ACT / BSNL
I want to buy a new mobile and my budget is within Rs.8,000 . Just surfing on the internet about these touchscreen mobiles, latest ones. I found that there was a separate section for smartphones, i believe all these touchscreen phones are smartphones. Am i RIGHT? Initially i used to like Nokia Touchscreens like 5322 (Xpress) Music variety. (Symbian vs Android)Well, coming back to topic. My preferences are here:* Wifi enabled phone.* Android Yes/No - Both Works, i'll better go for Android.* Single SIM* 3G Yes/No - Both Works* Budget within Rs.8,000

Upvote 0
As i found out the hard way in past 2 days, there are absolutely dearth of good androids in sub 10k range 🙁If you want only samsung then the phones you posted above are the only models 🙂 Also micromax has a few models, but again its micromax. Personally i've seen a couple of micromax mobiles and their build quality is good. Nokia has the ASHA range if you want touch screen.Also not all touchscreens are smartphones. like samgung corby for example. Its an feature phone with touchscreen.

Upvote 0
Well not necessary, I mean not all touch screen are smart ones... Reg your question, 6K-10K section has a lot of options to suit your preferences... Wifi and 3G are expected features these days...I personally would prefer an Android for myself... but have a Nokia for my mom who isn't net savvy...One Big advantage for going to Android is its Apps... you have a lot more options than Nokia... though they seem to be catching up they are way behind Android... As for Nokia I give them a big thumbs-up when it comes to battery back-up at this level... Stock Android eats a lot of Battery as is...

Upvote 0
Sony's new low range is also something you can check out. Sony Xperia Tipo for around 9kLG Optimus L3 , HTC Explorer are some of the other mid-range devices you can take a look at.

Upvote 0
If you are planning an Android of mobiles brands like Micromax, Spice... I suggest you go for entry level

Upvote 0
In this price range, I would not recommend either Samsung or Nokia.

HTC Explorer - Rs 8.3k approx.

Key Features (Credit: Flipkart)
Android v2.3 (Gingerbread) OS
3 MP Primary Camera
3.2-inch Capacitive Touchscreen
600 MHz Scorpion Processor
2G and 3G Network Support
Wi-Fi Enabled
FM Radio
Expandable Storage Capacity of 32 GB

Sony Xperia Tipo - Rs 8.9 Approx.

Key Features (Credit: Flipkart)
Android v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS
3.2 MP Primary Camera
3.2-inch TFT Capacitive Touchscreen
800 MHz Scorpion Processor
FM Radio
Wi-Fi Enabled
Expandable Storage Capacity of 32 GB

I have personally used HTC Explorer and it's a nice device for it's price.

Upvote 0
Spend 5k for trial? :bulgy-eyes:Better off adding that to main budget and get good branded devices for 13-14k.. Also I believe the newer 10k devices are much better than the 4-5k ones of these brands?

Upvote 0
Well, Nokia is ruled out now as i dont like those Asha Model.. I would have buyed it if it had 5322 Xpress looks. Anyway, since the mobile is going to be used by me, i would better prefer an Android. Right Now using Apple iOS, which i'm going to stop after buying an Android. I'm fed up of getting java apps for my current phones. As i said single sim phone will do the work. BTW, What are all the available Samsung Galaxy Phones with Android and Wifi? How many models are there?

Upvote 0
Filtered according to some choices indicated. Have retained dual-sim, qwerty, GSM etc. You can further filter those.

Upvote 0
I dont understand them by names, all phone have same features, yet they cost different.

Filtered according to some choices indicated. Have retained dual-sim, qwerty, GSM etc. You can further filter those.

Filtered: Android Phones | Rs.5000 - Rs.10000 | WiFi

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.