Configuring Binatone 845W for wireless access

Hi,
(@ACTian)

I live in St. Thomas Town, Gospel Street (around Hennur Road) in Bangalore.

I have recently got your connection at my place and I am honestly enjoying it so far.
Thank you!

Your services are better, and the customer care guys are good, along with the field guys who are well behaved. 🙂

I have this Binatone 845W ADSL+ modem I had got with Airtel with my previous connection
(image here, not my modem though: http://images03.olx.in/ui/20/56/68/1335989205_367224868_1-Binatone-DT845W-For-Sale-Thiruvanmiyur.jpg)

I was wondering if it's possible to set your connection with this wifi modem+router so that my other devices can also access it.

The problem is, this Binatone takes input in form of RJ11 port, while what you guys give is one RJ45 port which directly goes into the PC/Laptop
Will inserting this RJ45 in one of the female ports in the modem and configuring some settings work?
Will using one RJ45 to RJ11 converter help?

Or is it impossible for me to use it now?

I'll await responses.

Thanks,
Aman

Hi,
(@ACTian)

I live in St. Thomas Town, Gospel Street (around Hennur Road) in Bangalore.

I have recently got your connection at my place and I am honestly enjoying it so far.
Thank you!

Your services are better, and the customer care guys are good, along with the field guys who are well behaved. 🙂

I have this Binatone 845W ADSL+ modem I had got with Airtel with my previous connection
(image here, not my modem though: http://images03.olx.in/ui/20/56/68/1335989205_367224868_1-Binatone-DT845W-For-Sale-Thiruvanmiyur.jpg)

I was wondering if it's possible to set your connection with this wifi modem+router so that my other devices can also access it.

The problem is, this Binatone takes input in form of RJ11 port, while what you guys give is one RJ45 port which directly goes into the PC/Laptop
Will inserting this RJ45 in one of the female ports in the modem and configuring some settings work?
Will using one RJ45 to RJ11 converter help?

Or is it impossible for me to use it now?

I'll await responses.

Thanks,
Aman

The modem can't be configured with plugging RJ45 in the available ports in the modem, however if you get RJ45 to RJ11 converter you may still need the VCI details to enter which i understand is difficult. You can buy any Router available in the market. The TP-Link router is available for 1125/- TP-Link Wireless N 150 Mbps Router, WiFi, 3 Years Warranty -TPLink TL-WR740N | eBay

Thanks for your reply, Armaan.Okay, so can't the ACT guys provide me with those VCI details?As a last resort, I would try to sell this modem+router to someone who needs it, then will try to buy a Belkin basic router.How does that sound?Are TP-Link ones better than Belkins?So it seems that converting the ports would do no good, as the line that comes through RJ11 port uses different protocols and the modem would be expecting signals using this particular protocol coming in from the RJ11 port, and these signals would be analog; whereas the signals coming from RJ45 port would be using different protocols and would be digital in nature.Turns out I'll have to sell this one for sure 😛

Thanks for your reply, Armaan.

Okay, so can't the ACT guys provide me with those VCI details?

As a last resort, I would try to sell this modem+router to someone who needs it, then will try to buy a Belkin basic router.
How does that sound?
Are TP-Link ones better than Belkins?

So it seems that converting the ports would do no good, as the line that comes through RJ11 port uses different protocols and the modem would be expecting signals using this particular protocol coming in from the RJ11 port, and these signals would be analog; whereas the signals coming from RJ45 port would be using different protocols and would be digital in nature.

Turns out I'll have to sell this one for sure 😛

Status???