PPPOE disabled by Beam Fiber Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter bingoa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,535

bingoa

ISP
Beam Broadband
I'm using a Beam supplied Volktek Router and haven't been able to get PPPOE to work since this morning. Coincidentally the net was down since last night and I wonder if they did something to mess up my router:scared:

How can they mess up your router unless they broke into your home last night and did some tinkering with your router while you were sleeping :/

Remote management !

This! I get routine SMSes from Beam asking me not to turn off the router as they will be 'updating the firmware'.

The net was on and off for me too last night but I am quite certain it had to do with the Ganesh Immersion than anything.

If it was an fiber cut, it would take atleast 3 hours to repair it. No downtimes for me so far.

Seems like Beam are remotely accessing all their supplied routers through TR-069 &managed to gimp my Router. It's ****ing creepy & I'm seriously considering switching to another provider

Already did that. They resolved the issue 'remotely' but now I cant login to the router, have to ask them to replace the network cable and get myself a new router *sigh* Any suggestions for a new router?Never experienced this shit with any other ISP(BSNL,Reliance)

ok ..why do you need PPPOE? Just so that you don't have to login everytime you want to use net right? If this is the case, call customercare and tell them to make your connection into "Always on" connection. Some weeks ago ,i suddenly had problems connecting into net using portal page. complained and then one technician came to my house to check the problem. Even he was not able to solve it so he asked if he can convert my connection into always on connection? he said that its basically i'll be always connected into net the moment i plug my cable into lan port. no login required. so i said yes. He called his office and in 2~3 mins my connection is live.So now basically the moment i on the PC, my net is up. no login, no password. Haven't seen the portal page in weeks. So why don't you ask the same to customer care guy. tell him the connection is for your old parents or some other story