• Thread starter Thread starter havoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 9,938

havoc

I got banned!
ISP
Excitel, Vi, Airtel, Jio & BSNL 😉
This thread is specially for 5G & the issues we'll encounter in the transitioning process.

I'll start off by my problem.

Source

When will I see 5G on this screen? I mean if my phone detects 5G signals around it or what?

This is what I see.
IMG-20220806-150018.jpg

@havoc Which phone is that? Go to network/SIM0 settings and you should see an option for 5G. Check if the handset is compatible and if the mfr. needs release a firwmare that makes it 5G compatible. 5G is visible as an option on OnePlus.

This is my moto edge 20. I tried it on edge 20 pro & G71 as well but 5G only option is not there. I also have LG wing which also shows the same 3 options. I guess it's just like this until the phone detects 5G wireless signals.

I think there will be a firmware push from Moto when 5G is launched officially. I recall vendors pushing software update to enable Volte with 4g.

@havoc I also see only up to 4g for my airtel SIM and LTE for my Jio sim.

My Sims are about 7 years old, what about yours?

I guess if my SIMs are not incompatible with 5g then yes it could just be pending either software update from Motorola or a profile update from operators.

My iPhone 12 Mini also does not display 5G option. I am using VI prepaid sim with it.

Just checked my mom's Mi 11x and it's showing prefer 5G option and she too has oldish Airtel SIM.

@vishalrao I have both old and new sims. I think it's just that whenever our phones will detect 5G signals near them they'll show the option. Or if it is available then they'll automatically switch to 5G and will show options. Some people went to US with their moto G71 device and got 5G there and shared speedtests. So yeah 99% this is the case.