5G in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 193
  • Views Views 28,589
Even now for 5G Airtel is giving 1Gbps fiber backhaul to their 5G sites whereas just 1 5G sector requires minimum 1.5Gbps imagine running 3 sectors with 1Gbps backhaul that's why it's slow already and people thinking NSA is slow but the real culprit is Airtel. Only their Headquarters or some Event places they use 10Gbps backhaul where one can get speeds upto 1.5Gbps.

Only Jio is powering all sites with 10Gbps fiber backhaul now that's why we can see 1.3Gbps speeds on SA on twitter and YT

I know and I agree with your technical terms guys. But time will tell and it will be in favour of me 🙂

It's not about backhaul capacity. Sure they have 10G backhaul but you guys are forgetting one major thing in India which is population.
5G does have it's capacity and it supports more clients than ever.

Remember when jio first came in 2016?
Although it was 4G but I still remember the speeds at peak hours. It hasn't changed much till now even after 6 years in my area & majority of other places in India.

Just wait for like 2023 end and this reply here in this thread will prove itself. We'll see speeds dropping to half as we see now on speedtests by 2023 mid-end.

Don't need to go 2023 end speeds already drop on Airtel during peak time due to 1G Backhaul for both LTE and NR combined. Max I can get 500-600Mbps during peak times

Nobody cares about India when it comes to giving region-wise feature updates. 😂😂 You can see Apple who is charging kidney money but still rolled out the 5G update this month only.

Last edited:
Experiences like these just shows how important Indian market is for these companies. They charge a bomb for their product but support is still akin to chavvanni!!

Sought off!!!! But even they have their own share of blame when it comes to quality.
But for 5G, yes!!

Xiaomi advertise it has the n78 5g band which is one of the 5g band jio deployed phone has the necessary hardware still why can't they provide the service?

I am guessing it can't support it in SA mode. Some limitation considering it supports Airtel 5G which uses the same band.