5G in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 193
  • Views Views 28,565
Would have made more sense to go for 6G RnD and deployment instead of cribbing later on somethingthat we wanted to launch 5G with the world and blah... While they missed the bus on 5G, 6G was achievable*

* Provided they get time from important issues!!

We missed 3g bus in similar manner. 4G was success because someone wanted a launch platform. Again back to too much regulation and lobbying from behind.
Why invest more when everything is working fine? Profits are back who needs more.

Funny thing that Jio has joined COAI which was once against Jio for its free plans.

I think COAI is taking pot shots at Adani with his private captive network. Not that it makes any difference....

Let's see who brings 5G first to majority of their customers in wider part of out country. Not just metro areas first!!!

Jio 1st...no doubt in my mind. Mota bhai Ambani has them primed already. Mittal's gang will not be far behind. Don't be surprised if there's a simultaneous launch by both. After all its easier to skim the market as a duopoly before other players jump onto the bandwagon.

Let's see what Vi does... I have trust on both Airtel & Jio as @Chip said. There could be a simultaneous launch. What about Vi 🤷

Maybe they'll start the metro way...

Vi maybe later between say Sept or Oct/Diwali. But won't be surprised if they raise funding and get it out sooner. Money aside this is their chance to show their presence. A rollout requires tons of $$.