5G Auction

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 10,332
699₹ & above postpaid plans offer Unlimited 4G data.

2G spectrum in 2004 was worth upwards of 1.76 Lakh crore. Now after 18 years, 3 generation newer tech is being sold at 1.5Lcr.

@havoc 699 plan is truly unlimited or does it have that infamous FUP cap? Which network BTW?

No, It's Truly Unlimited.

It's VI Postpaid 699₹ Plan.

@Trex "Vi Postpaid Plan Which Offers Truly Unlimited Data
For Rs 699, users get unlimited voice calling along with unlimited data. There's no fair-usage policy (FUP) on data restricting the users from consuming data to a certain limit".

I read on NDTV Hindi that Jio's new plan for 5G offering 1.5 GB/day would cost around 899 for 84 days with current 4g price being 699.

Trash Trash Trash 😂

It Should Be At Least 4-5 GB/Day...

I just got a Vi SIM last month for a family member and I find Vi's network to be less congested than Jio and Airtel in terms of speeds. Jio reaches about 80 Mbps max, Airtel around 40 while Vi went over 100 Megs on 4G. That's quite possibility due to less load on Vi's network.

EDIT: @Tejas01 About that NDTV report will not be surprised at all since I expect 5G to be priced at a premium at least initially. Mentioned it earlier on this this thread.

Exactly! Vi network is congestion free and those who use it already know it... Also postpaid users get priority traffic so that's another plus point 😁

@Chip You can try postpaid if you wanna try. But this plan is only available on 699₹ & above postpaid plans.

@mikrotik Postpaid users are secured. This plan is from pre hike era and it's still the same. Postpaid plans rarely get hiked. If prepaid benifits come closer to them then only they increase the plans + benifits of postpaid. Because postpaid subscribers are constant for their balance sheets.

No post paid for Vi at least for now. Believe it or not, my main line is postpaid and I was originally on Vi ifor many years. Ported to Jio due to the obvious cost advantage in 2017 and I loved watching the air getting sucked out of these pompous Operators' collective lungs when voice became free and data pack prices went down like a stone dropped in a lake. We in India don't fully appreciate how good we have it here at least price wise. My brother in UAE pays a lot more for his post paid connection. Of course QoS is better overseas..it has to be since except China no other country has more subscribers than we do. I read Jio has over 400 million subscribers and Airtel over 360 million.

I find Jio give the best deals on prepaid. I can choose to pay for the tenure ie # of months I pick for the connection. This Vi connection is a trial if I don't like their plans or service I am jumping to Jio or even Airtel.