Activate EVDO on a device that has no SIM slot - using ESN number

evdo_warrior

ISP
BSNL EVDO
Dear Friends,I was looking at buying a new EVDO modem and I have seen that there are a lot of EVDO modems that have no SIM card slot. And they say that the modem has to be activated by giving its ESN number to the carrier/service provider.My doubt - is it possible to do this with BSNL?Can a device be activated with just its ESN number (without using any SIM)?PS: These are NOT jail break modems or modems from other carriers. These are all new original modems that can be used with any carrier (no locks).Thank You 🙂...........

Hi..."evdo_warrior"BSNL is actually planning to kill their CDMA/EVDO network. It has been a huge failure in the past.You may opt for the best CDMA network in India - RELIANCEJust Google for MEID registration. This is your first important and legal step.Secondly, find a way to read your CDMA device settings using QPST software / CDMA workshop.Thirdly, request your user settings or CDMA dump file and PRL from any seller on Google.CDMA is the future in India for Voice and EVDO rev.B data with 700mhz LTE auction.

Dear bsnlapp,Thank You. 🙂..........You have given me a very good answer. Much appreciated........CDMA other n/w - I have used both reliance and tata in the past and I found their cost to be higher than BSNL. Sad to hear that they bsnl is going to kill cdma (bsnl helps in a healthy competiton). BSNL's evdo is a problem as they don't have enough towers. My home is 2.5km away from their tower and I get relatively good download speeds but upload is quite bad at 15KB/s (even when running in RevA mode, which should theoretically give me almost 225KB/s. Modem is a Capitel Connect CE200.). I would have been very happy to get even 40KB. I get 50 - 60 KB with a regular ADSL broadband and I find that more than enough (talking of uploads only 🙂..........).Thank you again Sir. 🙂.