Why this site is block by openDNS?

• Thread starter Thread starter pratikr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,407
My guess is that you have a dynamic IP address. Someone who was earlier assigned the ip you are on used the openDNS block option to block ibf (most probably an office blocking leisure sites) and now that you have that ip, the same setting is working for you.

opendns is crap. For dynamic ip users , some moron might register that IP or IP range to set of rules , seems someone did that , ie to block these forums.USe Google DNS instead 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 Or use your ISP DNS itself , in many cases , they are faster than other DNS.

My guess is that you have a dynamic IP address. Someone who was earlier assigned the ip you are on used the openDNS block option to block ibf (most probably an office blocking leisure sites) and now that you have that ip, the same setting is working for you.

No, that completely correct, it has happened to me many times, download the opendns desktop client and lint it with your account, so that this doesnt happen 🙂

No, that completely correct, it has happened to me many times, download the opendns desktop client and lint it with your account, so that this doesnt happen 🙂

waste of time and space for a simple thing . anyone who want customized (easiest) DNS can look into Norton DNS

Hassle free , on the go customization.

waste of time and space for a simple thing . anyone who want customized (easiest) DNS can look into Norton DNS

Hassle free , on the go customization.

as long as it is free

I was using both google & openDNS. After this i just delete openDNS and restart my modem it is now working. Some moron call "Jain Computer" did this.