Reliance broadband...Am I being taken on ride to boo hoo land...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,I got night zoom 649 plan from reliance broadband(wireline) for my parents and it just keeps disconnecting every 5-10 mins. they use a Netgear n150 router over the stupid adsl modem which is huge almost as big as a 10inch Dominos pizza box.company: inno mediaNow the issue is complicated by the fact that the outlet guys told my folks its not allowed to use wi-fi and thus we rather call them than the customer support. Is that really so or the outlet guy taking my parents on a ride.He has come twice i suppose and god knows what he did the net still is frustrating.Can anyone please please tell a way to resolve my issues...thanks a tonbhuvnesh

Not allowed to use wi-fi? Wow.

It.Is.RCOM You know that they're taking your parents for a ride.Anyway, coming to what the issue might be. Could you post some line stats ? is the link stable when used directly from their adsl modem ? A little more information might help your cause.

Not allowed to use wi-fi? Wow.

yup...i got the next 4 days in gurgaon...got to fix this nagging issue...it 'll be gr8 though if someone can give me an insight on my prob too....the disconnecting part..😀

It.Is.RCOM

You know that they're taking your parents for a ride.

Anyway, coming to what the issue might be. Could you post some line stats ? is the link stable when used directly from their adsl modem ? A little more information might help your cause.

Well havent checked with the adsl modem directly yet...ill do that first thing tomm...as of now..2 laptops are being used on the wi-fi only ..

and what exactly is line stats

when you open the modem backend you would see a table with constantly updating values like snr margin etc. my problem with airtel was connected to that. the snr value was too low resulting in frequent disconnections. got the wiring changed and things have been very smooth now!

System Up Time 10:06:37Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up TimeWAN 100M/Full 87178 122617 0 1309 11942 02:23:50LAN1 Link Down -- -- -- -- -- --LAN2 Link Down --LAN3 Link Down --LAN4 Link Down --WLAN 54M 169393 152656 0 21947 3006 02:10:01is this line stats...

@chromaniac...seriously ...there is a small lid tightened with the screw and im not gonna open that...cant trust this vintage modem..@x720 plus does this mean i can call the customer care guys right...

www.shareimage.org/images/ow58fk0u07pc81cdbe.jpg
www.shareimage.org/images/ahoevjko0cucrztlenp.jpg
www.shareimage.org/images/32ivbnomoqlgq07paa64.jpg

shareimage_ org/images/ow58fk0u07pc81cdbe.jpgshareimage_org/images/ahoevjko0cucrztlenp.jpgshareimage_org/images/32ivbnomoqlgq07paa64.jpgsorry it wont let me without approval

Status
Not open for further replies.