ACT Broadband not available in SK Garden area from 25Sep2012

• Thread starter Thread starter muthiah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,453

muthiah

I was a happy subscriber of ACT broadband but from 25th of Sep 2012 it is completely down. When I contacted the CC, they told it will get rectified soon and infact they closed the ticket by saying that it has been rectified. But to my horror, it was completely down only. I had to reopen the ticket by calling CC again and post that for the past three days they keep on saying that there is a Fiber cut, and everyday they say that it will get resolved in three days. I have lost hope on this, and I request ACT Team to fix this as soon as possible. I am not a heavy user of Internet, but i had to do some important activities on Internet on daily basis.Also I have seen many users, complaining about Fiber cuts, I guess it is time for ACT team to look at ways to avoid this, rather than replacing/fixing fiber's everytime.My Customer ID: 10407246 Thanks,Muthiah

The issue is created by local cable Walla as they think (i assume) Act will provide TV services too which will be loss in revenue for them and hence have cut the optic fibre for 4th time in 4 days.Do update once you have got back your connection.

sucks. fiber can and is used to deliver television services and i guess act would eventually get into this field as well. having a network and not using it fully does not make sense.

Lcos are cutting their fiber without them providing tv, imagine what ll happen if act starts providing tv 😛

ACT agreed to provide only broadband to customers, recently got the connection and when asked about TV services they said they will not provide due to mutual agreement with local cable Walsh. But they have managed to get 2-3 mso's to use act to provide cable services.

Well the internet services resumed from 1st of October. ;-) Yippee!!!

Well the internet services resumed from 1st of October. ;-) Yippee!!!

Are you getting any waiver for the downtime.
Did you ask for waiver?