• Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 903

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
http://pricebaba.com/android-kaju-katli-campaign

lol .. I remember we were discussing Jalebi, Kulfi & Laddoo ourselves...

At the last I/O event Google proudly announced that Android has grown 500% YoY in India. That's Huge! And being closer to the scene given the nature of our business, we sure know that Android dominates both the indexes, i.e., sales and popularity. What affects us is Google's choice of names for Android versions. We love JellyBean, but have grown up eating Jalebi. Honeycomb may be delicious, but we crave for Halva.

On behalf of Android fans in India, we are launching The Kaju Katli Campaign. KajuKatli is delicious, a part of our lives since childhood and every mention of the delicious Cashew & Ghee mix excites us. Let's urge Google to name the next version of Android as Kaju Katli. It even goes with their naming scheme that has risen in alphabetic order:

Cupcake > Donut > Eclair > Froyo > Gingerbread > Honeycomb > IceCream Sandwich > JellyBean > K...!
Sign the campaign below and share it with the world. We would send a delicious box of Kaju Katli and your messages to Google CEO, Larry Page and Android Founder, Andy Rubin!

Do such petitions really have an impact?

Well, Google is unlikely to change anything. In any case, Key Lime Pie is more or less confirmed. At the best, enough feedback from India may prompt them to choose an Indian sweet somewhere down the line in future. But then think of how each country would be demanding its own piece of the "pie"

jelly bean should have jalebi. there is no other indian sweet that sounds so delicious.

In that case Jalebi would have never qualified as they seem to name the versions after most boring sounding dishes....

Actually its fun ..instead of saying my phone's version is 4.0.x.x , i simply say Ice cream sandwich. Uncles who are not familier with phones and tech ask us what that was 😛

ICS perhaps the only one I would find "nice" to hear.. Others, not so good..

google being placed in US ..if they name jalebi ..people over the world would be wondering what the hell a jalebi is . Also americans would feel hurt that google chose indians over them, not to mention the pressure of other countries on google to name their next version the sweet names in their respective countries. This would mean bad publicity for google.