Airtel Unable to provide speeds more than 2 Mbps in chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter Kihtrak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,451

Kihtrak

ISP
ACT
I am from Chennai, and i requested for Rapid 30 (8 Mbps plan). Today i got a call from customer care stating "Sir technically 8 Mbps plan is not feasible in your area". I am living in Adyar one of the Prime area in Chennai. To my astonishment i requested for the same plan before 3 years and the reply i got from the customer care was the same(Sir technically 8 Mbps plan is not feasible in your area). I don't understand why airtel advertise stating we can provide broadband speeds upto 20 Mbps , when they cannot provide more than 2 Mbps. I believe airtel haven't upgraded their network connectivity from their initial launch. I am using airtel broadband from the year 2000 and i haven't seen a single wire changed in these 10 Years.I request everyone from Chennai region to go through the plan details in airtel.in website before giving the request.You will be brainwashed by their marketing people to go for some useless plan.

hi frnd i am from Triplicane area. 2days back request for Rapid 80 they said its available in Chennai.

They told me the same thing i requested to change my plan to rapid 30 on 20th sep and they called me today and told technically it is not feasible. I am in Kasturiba Nagar,Adyar.

They told me the same thing i requested to change my plan to rapid 30 on 20th sep and they called me today and told technically it is not feasible. I am in Kasturiba Nagar,Adyar.

Not sure about 8 mbps, but I was using 4 mbps until last month.

I am from Besant Nagar area.

The connectivity was alwatys good, but was not happy with CC part and so switched over to another service provider.

I am near Velachery and they to me due to some technical reason it is not feasible. Early when i asked to migrate from 2 mbps to 4 mbps they said the same reason and i disconnected the service and the next day they provided me with 4 mbps. I think i have to do it again 🙂

The problem is that in areas where their subscribers are more, their bandwidth is maxed out. So they will be unable to provide higher bandwidth. I recently moved out of Airtel to BSNL for the same reason.

here in gujarat also , they say they can max provied 2mbps in Surat.. and the funny part is i am on 2mbps/4mbps combo plan and i do get 4mbps at night

Not sure about 8 mbps, but I was using 4 mbps until last month.

I am from Besant Nagar area.

Switched back to Airtel and 8 Mbps plan.

Switched back to Airtel and 8 Mbps plan.

Are you getting 8mbps? Watch out. They changed my plan to 4Mbps though there was no feasibility in my area, as I was terminating my connection. I was getting a speed of

Are you getting 8mbps? Watch out. They changed my plan to 4Mbps though there was no feasibility in my area, as I was terminating my connection. I was getting a speed of

On 16Mbps now. Though the plan is not listed in their stupid website, I sent a mail asking if it is available. They sent me the confirmation and I have activated it.

On 16Mbps now. Though the plan is not listed in their stupid website, I sent a mail asking if it is available. They sent me the confirmation and I have activated it.
hmmm..how much u pay for it?

The 16 mbps plans are not listed on the site. But, Chennai does have those plans. The plans were listed in the spreadsheet Airtel sent me like a month ago. It's a different issue if the 8/16 mbps plans will be feasible for every one. I personally think 16 mbps plans are very expensive. I mean Electric 50GB costs the same as Max 175GB. I personally will go for 8mbps Rapid 175 but it wasn't feasible for my connection until last month.@shr: Where are you in Chennai?