Vodafone Prepaid International Roaming ??? why it didn't worked ?

• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 48,176

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
ISP
Airtel Broadband + 4G and Voda 4G
As per details at Vodafone Prepaid International Roaming | Roaming Call charges | Delhi & NCR

They would deduct Rs.99/mo. once phone is operated over-seas and would allow incoming calls atleast.

My father returned from "World Hindi Conference" yesterday and he was left with no help due to Non-working International Roaming
in South Africa.
His Tab2 was set to Auto-network mode and once he switched it on, "Emergency Calls Only" was displayed and he was not able to
call any number, His incoming SMS were also not delivered which I kept sending everyday so it may activate roaming if it gets delivered
his voda number was always reporting switched OFF.

He's not a tech geek so he didn't tried to struggle with network modes etc as he had other important things to take care in S.A.

Not sure why it did not work in your case but i am in USA here and have a Vodafone number. I had never activated International roaming but after i landed in the US, Vodafone started to deduct 99 Rs per month from my prepaid account. I had to keep my balance proper to ensure that i am able to pay that amount every month.

Hello Sir/Madam,

Kindly share your current contact number and your father's number here http://bit.ly/RmKpXb We will get back to you soon with further assistance.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care.

What resolution will you guys give now, when he already came back to India 😛issed-off:
No need to take pains now, Will contact you before his next overseas trip, instead make roaming requirements more public so people
don't get lost in a different world.

Same here, my Vodafone number didn't work in Philippines and in Singapore - only Emergency calls were supported. When I returned and asked a Vodafone store, they said we'll need to pay 1500 as a security deposit. Otherwise, it wouldn't work.No wonder it didn't work.

A person going abroad can afford Rs.1500 also, if told in time.this lets you have access to atleast Incoming calling numbers from your near and dear ones, you can choose what to answer and what not to.I hate the matrix thing, in 3-4 instances it didn't worked as desired and in 1-2 instance it was a pain in A $$ with hefty charges.My father had 1000 in balance, didn't knew this hidden secret else 500 more wouldn't have hurt this bad.Dunno why Indian operators behave like 12 year old boys, playing hidden games.Their website doesn't shows a mention of Rs.1500/-. if it does I need to change my glasses for sure.

Dunno why Indian operators behave like 12 year old boys, playing hidden games.
Their website doesn't shows a mention of Rs.1500/-. if it does I need to change my glasses for sure.

Coz they have now become FAT & ARROGANT 😡

there is nothing such as 1500 deposit or balance for international roaming roaming gets activated on auto , but these CC personnel doesnt know a damn thing about activating the same pre departure

there is nothing such as 1500 deposit or balance for international roaming
roaming gets activated on auto , but these CC personnel doesnt know a damn thing about activating the same pre departure

I read that postpaid connection needs 1500 as security but I still have no Idea how to get it working on Pre-paid, if that even works.
S.Africa has Vodafone, but still it didn't got connected, May be it should have been manually selected but then AUTO-ROAM feature looks like a Crap presented
with a catchy outfit.

there is nothing such as 1500 deposit or balance for international roaming
roaming gets activated on auto , but these CC personnel doesnt know a damn thing about activating the same pre departure

False. They now increased the rate to 5,000 Rupees for Prepaid and 1,500 for Postpaid.

For Prepaid :
Apart from roaming call charges a standard roaming deposit of Rs 5,000 is charged. However, based on the discretion of Vodafone credit services, additional roaming fees may be payable.

For Postpaid :
Get calls and SMS while on International roaming in over 180 countries, by paying just Rs 1500 as security deposit.

Source :
http://www.vodafone.in/pages/roaming.aspx

These are deposits, probably not a balance in your main account.

I read that postpaid connection needs 1500 as security but I still have no Idea how to get it working on Pre-paid, if that even works.
S.Africa has Vodafone, but still it didn't got connected, May be it should have been manually selected but then AUTO-ROAM feature looks like a Crap presented
with a catchy outfit.

Selecting manually did not work, I tried that. Managed to get a cheap prepaid SingTel sim which worked a lot better and the costs back to home were cheap, including internet.

^^ Thanks, I would not try voda thing on next such over-seas travel, But will take a Reliance or any other operator connection along, who atleast have included my loyal numbers in their priority customer list.So bad voda stinks so bad when it comes to need of the subscriber. 😱

False. They now increased the rate to 5,000 Rupees for Prepaid and 1,500 for Postpaid.

For Prepaid :

For Postpaid :

Source :
Vodafone India Roaming Services - Roaming Rates | Roaming Tariffs

These are deposits, probably not a balance in your main account.

Selecting manually did not work, I tried that. Managed to get a cheap prepaid SingTel sim which worked a lot better and the costs back to home were cheap, including internet.

5000 for prepaid and 1500 for post paid is plain stupid. For prepaid, i can as it is not call more than what my balance allows while in postpaid, i can call more (assuming there is no upper cap). It should be more for postpaid.

Not sure why it did not work in your case but i am in USA here and have a Vodafone number. I had never activated International roaming but after i landed in the US, Vodafone started to deduct 99 Rs per month from my prepaid account. I had to keep my balance proper to ensure that i am able to pay that amount every month.

Well, if you go out of India then no sooner you run USSD code (or pick a call or send an SMS), Vodafone activates international roaming and deducts 99Rs!

Checking balance itself is USSD code! So now you know why Vodafone kept deducting 99Rs!

Hi,
My Vodafone no 8095457158 is not catching any signals while in the US . I have tried phone restart , reset network settings , moved phone from airplane to normal mode many a times but in Vain .Can you help me getting roaming enabled on my sim .
Thanks
Mohit