Vodafone Prepaid International Roaming ??? why it didn't worked ?

• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 48,181
there is nothing such as 1500 deposit or balance for international roaming
roaming gets activated on auto , but these CC personnel doesnt know a damn thing about activating the same pre departure

False. They now increased the rate to 5,000 Rupees for Prepaid and 1,500 for Postpaid.

For Prepaid :
Apart from roaming call charges a standard roaming deposit of Rs 5,000 is charged. However, based on the discretion of Vodafone credit services, additional roaming fees may be payable.

For Postpaid :
Get calls and SMS while on International roaming in over 180 countries, by paying just Rs 1500 as security deposit.

Source :
http://www.vodafone.in/pages/roaming.aspx

These are deposits, probably not a balance in your main account.

I read that postpaid connection needs 1500 as security but I still have no Idea how to get it working on Pre-paid, if that even works.
S.Africa has Vodafone, but still it didn't got connected, May be it should have been manually selected but then AUTO-ROAM feature looks like a Crap presented
with a catchy outfit.

Selecting manually did not work, I tried that. Managed to get a cheap prepaid SingTel sim which worked a lot better and the costs back to home were cheap, including internet.
Hi,
I am in Singapore and I am not receiving the signal from Vodafone.

@suruli

My Vodafone number never worked in Singapore and I was always on prepaid with balance in the 500 range. Tried whatever the CC suggested before going everytime and it didn't work at all.

Hi
When phone is operated in over-seas ,it would allow incoming calls atleast and would deduct Rs.99/mo.

I am in USA and my phone is set to Auto-network mode and "Emergency Calls Only" is displayed and i am not able to
call any number, and my incoming SMS is also not delivered .
COuld u pls resolve it asap