BSNL Broadband: Port Forwarding A Ut-300r2u

I have just now brought my MTNL connection. My friend says that I should do port forwarding. he says that his maximum speed was 600kBps but when I did it my speeds decreased and it did not go above 20kb earlier without any thing it was 50-100 kBps .Then I heard about bridged mode then I did some mistake then that MTNL guy came and fixed it.What is bridged mode and if u guys get more speed then bridged mode then please explain me step by step what should i do. I am new in this stuff. I use Azureus now I am getting speed below 20kBps please some one help I am SICK :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:i HAVE TAKEN MTNL 590NU PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/members/national/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in.
"Bridged" mode means you have to enter your User ID and Password in a dialer ( Wanminiport) everytime you want to connect.
In this condition all PORTS are available , for viruses/spyware/trojans etc.
You should use a good AntiVirus program and Firewall like Zone Alarm.
Para TWO :'ALWAYS ON". Your UserId and Password are entered in the modem and you connect immediately. Now when you open 192.168.1.1/main.html in the modem menu you should get some Advanced menu having Virtual servers / special applications/ port forwarding etc. Usual complaint for Ut300R2U it is not seen !
Here you do Port Forward for your special torrent site/s.
See the WIKI page for details .Ut 300r2u - India Broadband Wiki
Try to improve speed with connection Booster program from www. trafficzapper. com ( no
space)
PS: If Home 590NU ( MTNL) is 256Kbps speed :32 KB/sec D/L maximum possible. 1 MB file in 30 sec approx.
...................................is 512Kbps speed :64 KB/sec D/L maximum possible. 1MB file in 15 sec approx

Earlier my speed on Azureus used to be nearly 40-60kBps but now since i did some mistake or scam speed has decreased. When that MTNL guy came he typed my phone number and CA NO AS ADMIN AND PASSWORD but when I try it dosent work but when I type Admin It worked what do u use for your torrents what do you speed do you get?can you guide me please ?????????? bridged mode hoe do you set it up ????plZZZZZZZZZZthanks for your reply 🙂

earlier it used to take nearll 1 night for a movie to download but now it takes over a week ! what is there in the site u gave plz check it . what should i do going there plz help me😢 now in azureus the speed increases for some time and then it becomes 0 throught night plz help:wall::wall::wall::wall:

@national
Summary : MTNL 590NU speed 256Kbps ? Azeureus speed low. less than 20 KB/sec. Earlier 40 to 60 Kbps. Probably on "Bridged" Wanminiport Dialer connection.
When you want to access modem settings , in IE 192.168.1.1/main.html ID admin password admin or try this. http://192.168.1.1/hwhtml/pMain.html
OPTION :1.
SEE wiki page for screenshots. select "Bridged" in your modem.
see Post No 15 by @cyberwiz for detailed comments/precautions.
OPTION/ACTION:
2.Start/all programs/accessories/communications/network wizard Follow instructions for dialer etc ( Use Antivirus/Firewall programs also )
INFO:
3.My Internet speed on 2 Mbps BSNL connection usually 1700 Kbps max speed 256 KB/Sec possible. For torrent download/s (*condition/s apply !)
Meaning a 1 Mb file will be downloaded in 4 to 5 seconds.
For 256Kbps connection max d/l possible 32 KB/sec meaning 1 Mb file D/L in 30 sec approx.
ACTION:
4. Connection booster program select suggested default values.
SUGGESTION:
5. Change to Utorrent and try.
ACTION:
6. Use this program for general use. Advanced Windows Care personal from www. iobit. com ( no space ). Select all options.In Startup menu uncheck unneeded programs. Under Tools select memory cleaner and use it.

where can I get a booster program they charge you for it. I use norton antivirus,will itwork.what do you use[torrent software]How do I setup bridged mode please help.Can you tell me how to set it up.and default settings so that is anything goes wrong i can still fix it. where can I find cyberwiz's post?

members/national/
Sorry power failure since morning here.
For @cyberwiz comments see POST No 15.
Connection Booster free from www.trafficzapper.com.
or TCP/IP optimiser from SpeedGuide.net :: Broadband · Cable · DSL · VoIP · Security · Network Tools. Try last.
Since you seem to be a novice use default values.
I dont use torrents.
Read old posts here . ( mine at Post No 21 ) reply what action you took.. for options given there.
Ut 300r2u - India Broadband Wiki
When you open modem settings page make a copy of all existing entries. in a note book.
If you use a dialer ( wanminiport) You are already in "Bridged" mode.

Ref : is this the page your modem shows ?
http://i11.tinypic.com/2e5myb4.jpg

There is no use the speeds are same in uTorrent Please help me my download speeds are good in internet explorer but in azureus they are slowI have surfed the net--I have also seen some videos which say that you have to enter 80% of upload speed etc.etc and you can get speeds up to 500 times faster but I have only messed up my connection plzz help i am downloading a new operating system and i need it ugrently because mine is totally totaled. when I did not do any thing my download speeds were very good but since I messed it up my speeds have gone down the drain .If bridged mode would help plzz help me :wall::wall::wall::wall:

if you know how to configure modem just change connection type from pppoe to bridge.as for speeds in utorrent try enabling encryption for outgoing connection.its there in preferences---bittorrent or connection settings.also check that utorrent is showing a green icon at bottom.also turn off any firewall to see if your speed increases because then you know that you have to configure firewall for utorrent ports too.