Balpreet Kaur on her faith..

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2,396
Read about this yesterday. Was going through the comments. Wonder where people get these fancy statistics from?

Statistically, Sikhs contribute 33% of the total income tax in India, 67% of total charities, comprise 45% of the Indian army.

*facepalm*

That statistic started on fb as a fwd image/chain message image... I find it funny how people will believe anything on facebook blindly.Good for her, she's comfortable with herself.

right. that comment was awkward really. and i saw that thread initially when the discussion was going on. and the only thing i could think of was this girl would find about this and i am not sure how she would react. i guess this mystery got resolved very firmly!

you know my biggest problem with sites like ibnlive? even for articles like this they would not bother to link to the actual source of the story.

and i think jezebel was the first major source to post about it. Reddit Users Attempt to Shame Sikh Woman, Get Righteously Schooled at least international blogs bother to link. mainstream media? not so much.

also. no one taunted her. a guy found it weird. he posted about it. and majority of people on reddit did not like it. she was never really taunted. people were just amused.

Wonder where people get these fancy statistics from?

Facebook and chain emails.
Talking of chain emails I got a couple of emails about how Talwars are innocent and are being framed by Media.

she won, but difficult to get a boy who loves hair on her face, its simple she should use remover, that's all, the boy uploaded spoke only truth even which will be accepted later...........difficult to face the reality sometime, if she don't want to marry that's secondary ...................

she seems like a very content girl. that's pretty cool actually. not many people can be so sure about themselves.

happy for how long.....??????? I papa knows better sir.........my question how much boys want to accept hair on her face...........we have girls in india even those having hairs but remove and become always tip top...........i am of view, she is lazy only..............

happy for how long.....??????? I papa knows better sir.........my question how much boys want to accept hair on her face...........we have girls in india even those having hairs but remove and become always tip top...........i am of view, she is lazy only..............

Hmm such a comment from a person staying in Punjab & who might himself be a sardar just makes me sad... I sincerely didn't realize that our some reason to live or fall in love or get married is good looks... I personally would prefer a good girl with a strong personality to a beautiful girl with no personality or courage... BTW if she really was that lazy she would not have taken the time to explain her beliefs in so much detail... She believes that her facial hair is part of god's gift to her in the form of her body... What is wrong with that??? BTW it is our imperfections that make us unique(my personal belief)... I too have a crooked right thump which looks downright ugly... Have had it since I was burned at the age of 5... But I have not had it fixed via plastic surgery even after repeated requests by my father as I feel it is part of who I am now... If I can feel such a pull towards a part of me for non religious beliefs, I can surly understand her attachment to her "imperfection" might be even greater than mine as its part of our religious beliefs... If god has given her that hair, surly god would also made a soul mate for her who will love her becoz of her "imperfections"...

PS the % quoted in that thread are pure bullshit... Yes it is true many Sikhs are successful in business & the Indian army has a higher % of Sikhs when compared to any other community but those statistics were pulled out of thin air...

You see the world through the glasses of your own perspective.............. And your perspective is not the only one, there are a millions of perspective........ Someone will like the girl more than anyone and anything in this world.

Infact she has already made her mark in someone's heart or about to, because of the recent developments.