The Wolverine

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 6,825
The Wolverine is an upcoming American/Australian superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Wolverine. It is intended to be the sixth installment in the X-Men film series and a stand-alone sequel to the 2009 film X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Hugh Jackman is set to star as the title character with James Mangold directing a screenplay written by Christopher McQuarrie and Mark Bomback, based on the 1982 limited series, Wolverine by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller. The Wolverine is scheduled to be released on July 26, 2013.

The Wolverine (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, in October 2009, Ian McKellen confirmed that he will not be reprising his role as Magneto, citing his age as a barrier. X-Men's producer Lauren Shuler Donner recently stated that the movie may never be made. In an October 2009 interview with Empire, Donner claimed that "the studio has a wealth of potential stories, and they have to stand back and decide which ones to make. And Magneto, I think, is at the back of the queue. Maybe it'll get made in five years - who knows?"

maybe a younger actor down the line.

Well, they can pursue using the guy from X-men:First Class if that was really a barrier any more.

I have not seen the movie, so no clue about that guy... But I am reading he has 300, First Class, Prometheus & Inglourious Basterds in his resumeAlso reading now that he is part of the First Class sequel to be released in 2014...

right. he was the android in prometheus. good actor i guess. i guess they want him to age a bit. right now he is playing the role of magneto in the beginning right? not a follower of the x-men series so have little idea about the timeline.

Well Origins:Magneto was supposed to be a younger Magneto version. First Class has him becoming Magneto. I suspect they just dropped Origins:Magneto in favour of the First Class & its sequels.

from the quote i posted, it appears they were going to cast the older magneto in the origins movie? maybe at the end? god knows. i have no idea what i am talking about so i would shut up now!

Yes, they were planning to cast him (using similar tech that was used in the part 3 of the original trilogy) to show him as a younger self.. If you have seen the movie , its the scene where they (Magneto & Professor) went to the house of Jean Grey, who is a young kid (not sure of name) to induct her into their "school" of special powers

This is the slightly younger self & they were planning to make him even more younger