Google Play Books

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 10,986
I compared the Google prices with Flyte on few books. Not a difference. Just Rs. 1 up & down, here & there. Unless flipkart reduces the prices of their collection, it is all about the interface now.
When Play books app was not available in India, I used to check the reviews & they were horrible.
https://imgur.com/QSw9aZF
Yet to check by myself. Flyte ebooks app is getting better & better periodically. If the difference between them is not marginal then I think I will stick with Flyte.
Help Indian companies. :tongue:

Well. Flipkart would have to boost their app availability to match Google & Amazon. From what I understand they do not have a web edition as well right? Is Apple selling books in India? Amazon of course is already selling books but last I checked, the prices were international?The biggest problem that would hurt Flipkart is not having a Kindle type device. Just being an eBook Retailer would not work out in the long term. I expect them to launch something in the near future. As for prices, I think there is unlikely to be much of a difference. Except for special events. I am still not sure about the idea of reading a book on my N7. But at least I have an option now.

Google Play is definitely selling a few Indian books cheaper than Amazon. I had bought some Sanjeev Kapoor books at about Rs 200 from Amazon and they are for 175 here. Lets hope this continues