BlackBerry Jam Americas 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 1,932
I really wonder if anything significantly new will be revealed here

probably more claims and promises about blackberry 10 in addition to some demos. hopefully some details about the models that would be launched in the first round.

A few screenshots, specs are already out. There is also a rendered video of the device & a few short clips of the UI. Personally do not expect anything major.

unless they decide to do a Nokia 😀 announce a bunch of models with no launch and pricing details 😀

Hmm.. For a while they have been telling that they would be launching a single touchscreen device first (kind of Apple style), followed by qwerty soon after. But once it was delayed to Jan-2013, there were updates that they would be announced together but would be available one followed quickly by the other...

lol. the amount of delays bb10 has seen, they better have a range of devices available at launch. considering they do not have to rely on partners to bring these devices to the market.

Somewhere I read 6, but again reports suggest that is also "soon after" launch of the flagship. Also some reports go on to suggest even that 6 might be GSM/CDMA..WiFi Only/3G , color based .. And actual "unique" might only be 3 or 4... So yes, that part alone may get cleared up now.

event is now on btw.

He just took another shot at Apple. "You can use your existing HDMI and microUSB cables with our new devices."

"Gone are the days of the in and out paradigm and the home button."

ok so let's see how they are doing multi-tasking on a small screen display.

lol.. at the Apple comment.. Too bad its not going to be enough though to get them out of spot of bother they are in 😀I thought you would have seen some images/videos of the "flow" for multi tasking...

https://imgur.com/T1Lfa

looks nice. no have not seen any videos of their new ui.

is it me or the resolution on that phone is very high?

it has a keyboard and a compose box yet two three messages are visible in the conversation!

Well, cant say you have missed too much, very little was out. But I too felt it was good whatever I could see. But again, it is a big question if they will be able to make a good impression overall.

innovation!

Oooh, they just showed off a slick new clock and alarm system. Basically, you just hold your fingertip on the clock bezel and slide it around to the appropriate time to set an alarm. Easy peasy.

https://imgur.com/96k2Q

and no sarcasm here! though using google now to set an alarm is probably more fun.

89 percent of Blackberry users access social apps at least once a day, as compared to 60 percent of other users. So, BB10 was designed to allow social apps to integrate seamlessly into the OS.

lol wut?

Alec wants devs to build apps uniquely built for BB10 (i.e. don't just port your apps from Android or iOS, people)

good luck with that.