BlackBerry Jam Americas 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 1,930
I am also interested as to which Android version would be supported when BB10 launches? Still Gingerbread? Also whether the Telephone related APIs will ultimately be supported resulting in 1000s of more Android Apps supported.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP1nX8q1qNA

lol. i laugh at their current ads focused on that alert symbol on various icons. and i am going to laugh at their new flow and peak and whatever.

Touch screen looks good. But I still (and always) like Blackberry with qwerty keyboard 🙂

They should be launching a QWERTY in Jan & availability would be soon after the touchscreen one. Even the one you see is still not the finished product.

This article seems to suggest that BB innovates and will wait, while others copy & march ahead

RIM Innovates and Then Waits as Apple Moves Ahead - NYTimes.com

Among the features of the new Apple iPhone 5 are a more movie-friendly display format, two tiny grills on the bottom that shield noise-canceling microphones, a more powerful processor and a slim, all-black case.

All of those features made another debut last May when Research in Motion gave software developers prototypes of the BlackBerry 10 handsets, the model that may well decide that ailing brand’s fate.

The trouble for RIM, of course, is that the iPhone 5 will be in stores Sept. 21 while the much delayed BlackBerry 10 still doesn’t have an official arrival date. RIM promised it for early next year.

By then, Apple is unlikely to be the only competitor to spoil some of RIM’s BlackBerry 10 surprises. Windows Phone 8, which may upstage some of the new BlackBerry’s software features, is expected to be out shortly. New handsets that take advantage of some of Windows 8’s features will most likely appear in November. And the world of phones using Google’s Android operating system marches relentlessly on.

well that's sort of true. RIM has showcased most of their features now. and i wonder if they have 'patented' these because competition would copy the good ones pretty fast.