• Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 8,584

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Filed a request again and was told that Rapid 175 GB is available in my locality but only if wiring to my house is within 600 meters to their box (or whatever). I have confirmed that I am interested in case it can be delivered to my house. Let's see. In other words, Airtel has managed to collect more money from my pocket. Horrible yes. 😕

What are you doing and how are you managing this forum then Sushubh? do you have a dedicated home server and how do you manage so many peoples uploads, i have been very eager that how you manage this site, please tell us.🙂

i pay around 20K per month for the server that powers this forum. forum has made me enough money on a monthly basis to pay for this server though revenues are down big time after the recent mess i created when i changed the URI structure.

I don't understand the point i mean do you get money from in the forum advertisements and where are the servers located and + why the heck do you need an airtel plan for private use when you got an entire server dedicated for you and what will be it's speed 100Mb, 500Mb or 1Gigabits per second, please make and explain it clear with some pics or videos, thanks.🙂

i make money from ads running on the forum. forum is hosted in a us based data center. i use internet connection to connect to the internet.not even sure if i need an 8mbps connection. i also seems to be doing fine with 150GB per month. maybe it's stupid to switch to this new connection. i have no idea.

Ok i got your point that you are getting money from the hosted server in the US but will the end user like me get benefited from it, i mean the more users register to this site the more money you get, is that what it's like? i mean can you gimme the link of the server, even i am planning to host and do something like you by sitting and working from home, please explain the full process, thanks.🙂

not as easy as it sound. you do not make money on the basis of how many people visit your site. you make money on the basis of how many people click ads. andunless you know what you are getting into, it is not a good idea to start your own online project expecting it to generate profits just like that.

i have been to hyderabad and i do not like it there. i have heard enough horror stories about bangalore to not like it without even visiting it 🙂

Off-topic: 20k a month for hosting? Damn, you're paying too much. but then again, must be receiving quality service and a dedicated server, I suppose.

Not sure when will airtel solve its feasibility issues. First to get broadband connection in your area you need to pass their first layer of feasibility test and then next when you get one to change your plan to higher speeds again you need to pass second layer of feasibility test.In my previous locality where i stayed (Basaveshwaranagar), getting a Airtel broadband connection was a dream and what i hear still it is. I stayed in that locality for 2 years and every 2 months i applied for Airtel Broadband and everytime application used to get rejected with a message "area not feasible". I was left with no option but to opt for BSNL. Thankfully the area was a VIP area and BSNL provided best service there, hence never faced any problem.But my question is why Airtel is not doing anything about this feasibility issues.Back in 2005 i used to stay in Gurgaon and even there my Airtel Broadband application got rejected again due to area not feasible. First time in my life i got an Airtel Broadband in 2011 when i shifted to koramangala...My point is these feasibility issues exists since ages and to date Airtel is not doing anything to solve this issue!!

well. because of these feasibility studies, they are able to deliver a decent quality of service 😀 decent. not very decent though. 😕