Tp-link td-w8961nd

• Thread starter Thread starter deepak77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,577

deepak77

ISP
Airtel 16Mbps
Hi,I am an Airtel broadband user , currently on a Wireless 54g ADSL2+ Modem which was provided by Airtel ( SemIndia Systems , Model- DNA2011). I have been having very low WiFi speeds , hence thinking of going for an upgrade. I have two options in mind😛lan A -I am thinking about purchasing the TP-Link TD-W8961ND Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router , and just replace this old modem+router. Cost :approx 2400/-. Any users of this modem here? and how easy is it to setup with Airtel ?ORPlan B - Disable the Wifi on the current device , and use it just as an ADSL modem. Purchase a Wifi router , for example : TP-LINK TL-WR841N . Cost : approx 1700/- . Connect the Wifi router to the existing modem .What do you guys think is the right choice? Plan A or Plan B ? Thanks,Deepak.

Plan B. Get a Cisco E900 for 2300 bucks instead.

Mine's a normal 1200 sqft appartment .

@uberjonThe WAG line of devices from Linksys sucks, but these E series routers seem top of the line. Recently a friend of mine got the E900 and was quite happy with its performance, I too bought an E1500 and would be seeing how it works out. So far so good. @opFor 1200 Sq ft, the E900 should be more than enough. Else check out rt n12 from Asus 🙂