• Thread starter Thread starter rak007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 6,268

rak007

Regular
ISP
YOU Broadband 1 Mbps Unlimited
From another thread here I got to know that Vodafone and MTNL and BSNL are the only 3G service providers which provide 3G in both Mumbai and Maharashtra circles. My requirement is of such a provider only. I have read everywhere that Vodafone's 3G is decent and provides consistent speeds. I have few queries regarding the same. Would appreciate responses...1. From my search I found that the 1GB plan is approx 250 Rs. Is that right ?2. If I am in a place where there is no 3G connection then 2G data will be used and still will be counted from my 1GB quota ?3. If I buy a Mumbai SIM and use the 3G data in Pune then I won't be charged any separate roaming charges for data right (when used in 3G mode in Pune) ? And vice versa ?

from what i understand there are three private 3g players in every circle. add mtnl/bsnl to make it four.argh. you are seeking for roaming. ignore my post!

Answers to all your Questions are yes.
Airtel and ldea are the other two.

You mean Airtel and Idea also have 3G in Mumbai and Maharashtra circles and they allow using anywhere (on their own networks offcourse) in roaming as well ?

Btw which of the three have best 3G connectivity as plans seems to be almost same across networks (correct me if wrong).

I am mostly interested in the 1 GB plan as with approx price of around 250 Rs it would suffice for my needs.

No... Only Vodafone provides 3G services in both circles..

1. Speed: Vodafone 3G Speed is awesome..

2. Yes. You can use 3G bundle on 2G network at no extra cost..
3. No data roaming charges between Mumbai & Maharashtra Vodafone network..

From another thread here I got to know that Vodafone and MTNL and BSNL are the only 3G service providers which provide 3G in both Mumbai and Maharashtra circles. My requirement is of such a provider only.
I have read everywhere that Vodafone's 3G is decent and provides consistent speeds. I have few queries regarding the same. Would appreciate responses...

1. From my search I found that the 1GB plan is approx 250 Rs. Is that right ?
2. If I am in a place where there is no 3G connection then 2G data will be used and still will be counted from my 1GB quota ?
3. If I buy a Mumbai SIM and use the 3G data in Pune then I won't be charged any separate roaming charges for data right (when used in 3G mode in Pune) ? And vice versa ?

Hello Sir/Madam,

Please visit https://www.vodafone.in/3gworld/pages/tariff_plans.aspx?cid=mum for available 3G plans. Note that, if 3G coverage is not available and the data usage is switched to 2G, you will still be charged from the 3G quota. However, know that data services while on roaming do not incur extra charges.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care.