Problem In Tata Sky

rohin_mattoo

Regular
ISP
BSNL DataOne
Hey guys, purchaged Tata Sky on 11th Oct 06' from yesterday I m facing some problem.
Whenever I switch off my digicomp and TV for say 10-15 min, after that when i on the digicomp video of the channel comes in frames i.e (ruk ruk ke aata hai) its not continuous as it shud be but sound is ok.
And after i change the channel and again check it thn video is proper too.
Other in between its working properly, only at the time of start.What is this?
Anyone came across this till now? Plz do tel me, as I m worried with this problem.

Even my digicomp got hanged 2 times frm tomorrow.

My Signal Strength And Quality details:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8520/signalfn5.jpg

yeah.. i got the same problem..have 2 thompson stbs at home. I think its a problem with the damn thompson stbs...Have u got it resolved..The tata ppl told me that it happens coz it downloads the information from the satellites i.e about the programmes. etcAre ppl having humax also having this prob?

QUOTE(jaipuria @ Oct 23 2006, 12:43 PM) [snapback]66327[/snapback]
yeah.. i got the same problem..
have 2 thompson stbs at home. I think its a problem with the damn thompson stbs...
Have u got it resolved..
The tata ppl told me that it happens coz it downloads the information from the satellites i.e about the programmes. etc
Are ppl having humax also having this prob?
[/b]
My STB has been changed to a HUMAX now. And now i have no problem.
See my signal details with a THOMSON digicomp:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8520/signalfn5.jpg

And signal strength with a new HUMAX digicomp:
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8923/signalstrengthfr5.jpg

See the difference.......

Even I have a thomson STB and have the problem. Maybe we should all change to HUMAX. How much does it cost to change to HUMAX?

cool.. ill try and get mine changed also..how did u go abt it... is the stammering prob enoguh to get it changed?how did u explain it to thm..read how u went abt it on the other thread...anywaz anyidea how i can convince them to change the stb withouth going thru the entire procedure of changing card,....blah blha blah

QUOTE(Crazysah @ Oct 23 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]66348[/snapback]
Even I have a thomson STB and have the problem. Maybe we should all change to HUMAX. How much does it cost to change to HUMAX?
[/b]
If u surely r facing problem with thomson stb, then u should book complain for it and surely demand them to change ur problem. We r paying 1,000rs extra for installation and one yr warranty, hope u know that...
So demand it now......

QUOTE(jaipuria @ Oct 23 2006, 04:37 PM) [snapback]66356[/snapback]
cool.. ill try and get mine changed also..how did u go abt it... is the stammering prob enoguh to get it changed?
how did u explain it to thm..

read how u went abt it on the other thread...
anywaz anyidea how i can convince them to change the stb withouth going thru the entire procedure of changing card,....blah blha blah
[/b]
If u can show them the problem ur facing then they have no other reasons to not change ur stb.
But initially they wnt change the stb. They wud start replacing all the things such as cable, adapter, connector, sensor at top of the dish and if still u have a problem then they will have to change ur card and stb.

Firstly they changed everything in my case, but problem was there and even they had seen it. So i did nt had to convince them for anything. They had initially changed my stb with a new thomson stb but i was still facing the same problem. So they got a Humax stb at the end and prblem was solved......
If u want any more help u can even call me..Will surely guide u what to do. Just pm me i will gv u my cel no.

Today Tata Sky people had come to my place to change my STB. They took their HUMAX STB back as it was for temporary peroid just to check the problem. They installed a brand new STB, but of THOMSON and even activated my card. For 2 hours i was facing no problem, but after that the same problem freezing of pictures when we on the STB from stand by mode.Called them again in evening they told that they can't provide me HUMAX STB as they dnt have it....Reallyy fed up of all this now.....Will b sending a fax tomorrow to Banglore office. see what happens then...

damn..rohin u in blr?same here... they keep telling me they cannot get a humax digicomp and these ppl dunno how to solve the problem...am still getting freezing and the search-scan prob....gettting really fed up..

QUOTE(jaipuria @ Oct 28 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]66926[/snapback]
damn..
rohin u in blr?
same here... they keep telling me they cannot get a humax digicomp and these ppl dunno how to solve the problem...
am still getting freezing and the search-scan prob....
gettting really fed up..
[/b]
No I m in Gujarat. Finally my stb has been changed to a new HUMAX STB. My problem has been solved. As told by the engineer thomson doesnot support video frequency in some New TV models. Humax worked for me. Happy now...
Humax is better than Thomson in picture quality too. I get signal quality of 100% n see my signal strength.
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/951/sig...yinhumaxko3.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6457/humaxstb1no8.jpg

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2743/humaxstb2iu0.jpg

Hats off to Tata Sky, their customer service is excellent.
Initially they has changed 3 stb of thomson in my case.

great.. ROHIN..Spoke to the team leader.. He did a 'hard refresh' at their end... But the problems continued .He is saying Humax dont make digicomps for Tata Sky anymore and he cannot get one...Dunno how u managed to get it.... he keeps insisting that it is impossible to give a humax.Can u tell me the name of the guy who serviced u and where from gujrat is he? I need to convince these chaps..Nikhil

QUOTE(jaipuria @ Oct 29 2006, 07:44 AM) [snapback]67034[/snapback]
great.. ROHIN..

Spoke to the team leader.. He did a 'hard refresh' at their end...
But the problems continued .
He is saying Humax dont make digicomps for Tata Sky anymore and he cannot get one...
Dunno how u managed to get it.... he keeps insisting that it is impossible to give a humax.

Can u tell me the name of the guy who serviced u and where from gujrat is he? I need to convince these chaps..

Nikhil
[/b]
Where do u live? U first show them the problem u r facing. Then tell them ur friend that is me, had a same problem n wen his stb was changed to humax it was solved....
U even tell them that if u r not ready to solve my problem then its better pack this stuff and take it from my house if u dnt solve my problem. In special case they can get a humax stb from their head office which is in bombay. At any cost it is their responsibilty to solve ur problem. Dnt hasitate to ask them for it.

yeah did that.. some 3 times..Apparently no humax digicomp is availaable in blr...Got fed up and spoke to the team leader... He is coming now in a couple of days time..Why dont u give me ur chap no.. in gujrat who serviced u. That way i can tell the team leader to talk to him so it will be easier for everyone.

There are HUMAX STB's available in New Delhi and I am getting some soon.

Can someone let me know if HUMAX is available in Blr...these tata ppl still havent sorted my probelm and keep insisting they cant get humax....