MTNL service in west delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter Thedoom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 5,845
ISP
MTNL
Hello Guys,This is my first thread here. After reading many threads I am thinking of shifting over to MTNL from airtel(broadband) because of the main reason ie post FUP speed. I am paying around Rs 750 for 2mbps till 8gb and 256kbps post that. In my opinion this is not a very good plan but i can spend only this much on my bb. I am thinking of taking the Freedom 800 combo plan. My main question is about the service of MTNL in West Delhi(Paschim Vihar area). I can tolerate downtimes for only about 2 days max, and uninterrupted internet service till my modem in on(not like the lights on the modem go off every now and then) , because i play online games too.

Hello Guys,
This is my first thread here. After reading many threads I am thinking of shifting over to MTNL from airtel(broadband) because of the main reason ie post FUP speed. I am paying around Rs 750 for 2mbps till 8gb and 256kbps post that. In my opinion this is not a very good plan but i can spend only this much on my bb. I am thinking of taking the Freedom 800 combo plan. My main question is about the service of MTNL in West Delhi(Paschim Vihar area). I can tolerate downtimes for only about 2 days max, and uninterrupted internet service till my modem in on(not like the lights on the modem go off every now and then) , because i play online games too.

I am not from Delhi but from what i hear, the service there seems good.

in Delhi or my area....i had an MTNL connection 2-3 yrs back, at that time I had the most terrible experience with MTNL that made me shift over to Airtel.

Mtnl has changed, among other things, in the past 2-3 years.
I know it would have but just to make sure i want the opinion of a user in west delhi

MTNL IS PROVIDING GOOD SERVICE NOW A DAYS . I have recently shifted from airtel to mtnl due to airtel fup.
and I am using mtnl from last 3 months and Freedom 800 combo plan is the best plan for heavy downloads .
I am from west delhi ( vikas puri )

I know it would have but just to make sure i want the opinion of a user in west delhi

Hmm vikas puri is like 6km from my house, I would definately like to try MTNL now. What all charges do i have to pay except rs 800(monthly).I have an airtel modem but I think they will take it back once I cancel it.Btw suggestions from any other users in West Delhi are welcome.

Hmm vikas puri is like 6km from my house, I would definately like to try MTNL now. What all charges do i have to pay except rs 800(monthly).
I have an airtel modem but I think they will take it back once I cancel it.
Btw suggestions from any other users in West Delhi are welcome.

if you want wifi its 300 i think and maybe free installation, not sure about the free installation part.

Installation is 500 bucks I think. Buy your own modem. Exact figures are available on mtnldelhi.in

hmm this seems useful, " Discount of Rs.200/- in registration charges to customers booking new landline or broadband connections on-line through "Selfcare portal of MTNL" at MTNL Delhi, Customer Care Portal for 90 days w.e.f 17.09.2012 to 15.12.2012.Customer can avail only one discount at a time.Other terms and conditions of respective plans will remain the same. "

Ok so I have an airtel connection atm, should I first call airtel to disconnect it or go to sanchaar haat and fill up the form for broadband. And do I buy my own modem or use the ones that they give. And also can I retain the airtel modem in any way and use it?

Go the sanchaar haat first, simply because getting airtel disconnected is pain. At the sanchaar haat, you'll have to pay the installation charges and perhaps a little more (I've forgotten what the extra charge is for), and you might not be given a receipt, don't be too worried about that. If you take the modem from them, you'll have e to pay 50 rupees monthly rental for as long as you decide to keep the connection. Had you rented out the modem from airtel? Also, do you use wifi

Yep I use wifi. And yes I have rented out the modem from airtel but I dOnt think I pay any extra monthly charge for it.

When I got my airtel connection disconnected, they did not take their stuff back. But, they do take it back at times. I'd say don't take the modem from Mtnl, if airtel do take theirs back, buy a new one. Also, do not tell airtel that you're shifting to Mtnl. Test the Mtnl connection for a month before applying to airtel for disconnection