MTNL service in west delhi

Thedoom

[OP]
Regulars
Sep 22, 2012
Delhi
Hello Guys,This is my first thread here. After reading many threads I am thinking of shifting over to MTNL from airtel(broadband) because of the main reason ie post FUP speed. I am paying around Rs 750 for 2mbps till 8gb and 256kbps post that. In my opinion this is not a very good plan but i can spend only this much on my bb. I am thinking of taking the Freedom 800 combo plan. My main question is about the service of MTNL in West Delhi(Paschim Vihar area). I can tolerate downtimes for only about 2 days max, and uninterrupted internet service till my modem in on(not like the lights on the modem go off every now and then) , because i play online games too.

dragon5677

Regular
Regulars
Jun 27, 2010
Hello Guys,
This is my first thread here. After reading many threads I am thinking of shifting over to MTNL from airtel(broadband) because of the main reason ie post FUP speed. I am paying around Rs 750 for 2mbps till 8gb and 256kbps post that. In my opinion this is not a very good plan but i can spend only this much on my bb. I am thinking of taking the Freedom 800 combo plan. My main question is about the service of MTNL in West Delhi(Paschim Vihar area). I can tolerate downtimes for only about 2 days max, and uninterrupted internet service till my modem in on(not like the lights on the modem go off every now and then) , because i play online games too.

I am not from Delhi but from what i hear, the service there seems good.

Thedoom

[OP]
Regulars
Sep 22, 2012
Delhi
in Delhi or my area....i had an MTNL connection 2-3 yrs back, at that time I had the most terrible experience with MTNL that made me shift over to Airtel.

Thedoom

[OP]
Regulars
Sep 22, 2012
Delhi
Mtnl has changed, among other things, in the past 2-3 years.
I know it would have but just to make sure i want the opinion of a user in west delhi

narang9192

Regulars
Mar 10, 2010
MTNL IS PROVIDING GOOD SERVICE NOW A DAYS . I have recently shifted from airtel to mtnl due to airtel fup.
and I am using mtnl from last 3 months and Freedom 800 combo plan is the best plan for heavy downloads .
I am from west delhi ( vikas puri )

I know it would have but just to make sure i want the opinion of a user in west delhi

Thedoom

[OP]
Regulars
Sep 22, 2012
Delhi
Hmm vikas puri is like 6km from my house, I would definately like to try MTNL now. What all charges do i have to pay except rs 800(monthly).I have an airtel modem but I think they will take it back once I cancel it.Btw suggestions from any other users in West Delhi are welcome.

dragon5677

Regular
Regulars
Jun 27, 2010
Hmm vikas puri is like 6km from my house, I would definately like to try MTNL now. What all charges do i have to pay except rs 800(monthly).
I have an airtel modem but I think they will take it back once I cancel it.
Btw suggestions from any other users in West Delhi are welcome.

if you want wifi its 300 i think and maybe free installation, not sure about the free installation part.

Thedoom

[OP]
Regulars
Sep 22, 2012
Delhi
hmm this seems useful, " Discount of Rs.200/- in registration charges to customers booking new landline or broadband connections on-line through "Selfcare portal of MTNL" at MTNL Delhi, Customer Care Portal for 90 days w.e.f 17.09.2012 to 15.12.2012.Customer can avail only one discount at a time.Other terms and conditions of respective plans will remain the same. "