Does anyone plan on buying Apple's latest offering?

• Thread starter Thread starter dragon5677
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 3,018

dragon5677

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Personally speaking, i dont see any improvement other than the screen in the new iPhone. Simply speaking the new Nokia Lumia 920 trumps it in every section. So who plans on getting this overpriced yesteryear tech? Oh and there's no NFC either 🙂

Already repenting buying iPhone 4 man!

Apple iPhone 5 is very much a transitional phone i think. this model comes with a very unique processor which has a lot of apple's own tech. and it is faster than any other mobile processor in the market today. call me crazy, but this is a pretty solid indication that apple wants to own the tech powering the processors on all their products. one day intel could find itself losing the mac market with apple developing their own processors that could run their future desktop operating systems.

If Apple iPhone 5 would cost same as the US price that is 199$ which is a merely Rs.10k then every common man in india would be owning an iPhone 5 as their primary phone for daily use but only minus point is that Apple has priced the base iPhone model for a whooping Rs.48,000 INR which is comparabily 4 times the cost of it in the US, ye Apple sirf nainsafi indian logo ke saath hi kyon karta hain, after all india has the second largest mobile phone subscriber in the world after china, if Apple price their iPhone 5 at Rs.10k than they would make a humongous profit for themselves.

Apple iPhone 5 is very much a transitional phone i think. this model comes with a very unique processor which has a lot of apple's own tech.

and it is faster than any other mobile processor in the market today. call me crazy, but this is a pretty solid indication that apple wants to own the tech powering the processors on all their products.

one day intel could find itself losing the mac market with apple developing their own processors that could run their future desktop operating systems.

In other words apple wants world dominion? lol

But you have to agree the phone itself has no significant improvement, processor might be good and all but what the point in cutting the new technologies? to top it off, you can even send files using bluetooth, i wonder why its th

If Apple iPhone 5 would cost same as the US price that is 199$ which is a merely Rs.10k then every common man would be owning an iPhone 5 as their primary phone for daily use but only minus point is that Apple has priced the base iPhone model for a whooping Rs.48000 INR which is comparabily 4 times the cost of it in the US, ye Apple sirf nainsafi indian logo ke saath hi kyon karta hain, after all india has the second largest mobile phone subscriber in the world after china, if Apple price their iPhone at Rs.10k than they would make a humongous profit for themselves.

You know those people are bound by contract right?

Already repenting buying iPhone 4 man!
Good luck with that!

If Apple iPhone 5 would cost same as the US price that is 199$ which is a merely Rs.10k then every common man would be owning an iPhone 5 as their primary phone for daily use but only minus point is that Apple has priced the base iPhone model for a whooping Rs.48000 INR which is comparabily 4 times the cost of it in the US, ye Apple sirf nainsafi indian logo ke saath hi kyon karta hain, after all india has the second largest mobile phone subscriber in the world after china, if Apple price their iPhone at Rs.10k than they would make a humongous profit for themselves.

seriously? are you going to ignore the point that these are subsidized pricing? and you are required to pay 40-60 dollars on a mobile plan per month for two years?

apple charge USD 650 for unlocked iPhone 5 16GB in the US market. that is Rs. 35300. so a premium of 10K here in india is not that big of a deal.

i am sure if contracts were enforceable here in india, we would have similar pricing. but it just would not work because people would get phones in fake identities which are still pretty easy to accomplish.

seriously? are you going to ignore the point that these are subsidized pricing? and you are required to pay 40-60 dollars on a mobile plan per month for two years?

Apple charge USD 650 for unlocked iPhone 5 16GB in the US market. that is Rs. 35300. so a premium of 10K here in india is not that big of a deal.

i am sure if contracts were enforceable here in india, we would have similar pricing. but it just would not work because people would get phones in fake identities which are still pretty easy to accomplish.

ok i did not know that but anyways thanks for the info.🙂

and noticed how the new ipods look like Lumias? lol

Also samsung plans on suing Apple for using 4g LTE hahaha

Also theres a conspiracy theory that $1bn thing recently was manipulated by apple and that judge

np. i still cannot believe that people think that apple iPhone is sold for 100/200/300/400 dollars in the US market. 😀

by that parameter Apple iPhone 4 is now free!

Same here hahahahaha

Yeah free iphone 4 with i think 2 yrs on contract!

samsung and htc both have patents related to lte. so both of them would try to get some leverage over Apple. hopefully they would not go for a jury based trial in the us market. it has been proven that jury ignored the facts and favored an american company over a south korean one.

here is the image circulating on the web comparing the new ipod nano with lumia.

https://imgur.com/evMfu

i remember a post on google plus from some tech journalist who was pretty shocked to see apple coming up with a design that looked like a chinese ripoff of an ipod with weird looking icons.

np. i still cannot believe that people think that Apple iPhone is sold for 100/200/300/400 dollars in the US market. 😀

by that parameter Apple iPhone 4 is now free!
The first few years of iPhone's debut, people annoyed the crap out of me when they mentioned it's so cheap in FOREIGN markets. I had to explain to them subsidies... those were NOT the days.

samsung and htc both have patents related to lte. so both of them would try to get some leverage over Apple. hopefully they would not go for a jury based trial in the us market. it has been proven that jury ignored the facts and favored an american company over a south korean one.

here is the image circulating on the web comparing the new ipod nano with lumia.

https://imgur.com/evMfu

i remember a post on google plus from some tech journalist who was pretty shocked to see apple coming up with a design that looked like a chinese ripoff of an ipod with weird looking icons.

Courts in america cheat/biased bitches.

Btw took me a few secs to notice the lumia slipped in there XD

lol chinese ripoff hahahaha